Join now - be part of our community!

Transferring Andriod 'NOTES' from old Xperia Z to XZ.

SOLVED
mpj379
Visitor

Transferring Andriod 'NOTES' from old Xperia Z to XZ.

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with this because it is driving me mad at the moment.

I'm trying to transfer my Notes I have stored on my old Xperia Z running Andriod 5.1 (Lollipop) to 7.0 (Nougat). But for the life of me I don't see or can find a way of doing it!

My notes are very important to me and I must find a way to get them off, so can anyone please shine some light on this problem for me?

There's no Notes program on the new version for some reason or other which is a real shame because I found it one of the most useful Apps out there. Plain and simple worked very well!

Mike.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@mpj379 Sorry to bring you bad news. You could try to use keep from now on, really useful.

Have a great Sunday too!

alexdon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert
mpj379
Visitor

Many thanks for that fellow Tolkien fan! Slightly_smiling_Face

Still having no joy though.

I ran 'Total Commander' varying the seacrh criteria of (com.sonyericsson.notes) but with no success.

I've emailed each 'Note' to myself as a last resort which will be a pain in the rear to bring into a new program of some sort.

If that's the only way, what App would you recommend I should use bearing in mind I want something simple and long lasting over more than just one generation of OS?

Mike.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Problem is notes app is not used anymore so you can only export its data somewhere as Rickard said in that topic. I think exporting to email is the only option, I don't have a phone at hand with the old notes app to check but you should be able to export from the app itself.

alexdon
mpj379
Visitor

Yes it looks like it because you can't export all of them on mass! Crying_Face

You can send them one at a time using the normal Andriod options like here for example.

Screenshot_2016-12-11-12-55-38.png

Oh well I guess I'll have to live with it and do it the hard way, so much for technology.

Many thanks for your help anyway and have a good Sunday! Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@mpj379 Sorry to bring you bad news. You could try to use keep from now on, really useful.

Have a great Sunday too!

alexdon