Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to find 4K video recording and ISO 12800

SOLVED
gouthi8
Visitor

Unable to find 4K video recording and ISO 12800

Hello everyone, 

I could see some differences in the Specifications on the official page and the actual product.

Here is the link to the Specitications page:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-xz/specifications/

They have mentioned that there is support for ISO upto 12800 and option for 4k video recording. However, the actual camera only has ISO upto 3200 and the Video recording is supported upto Full HD 60fps. 

2016-10-20_165941.jpg

Could someone tell me why there is difference?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christofer
Champion

Hi @S2XZ,

4K video recording is available as an app within the Camera app. You can find it by swiping right to left across the screen after opening the Camera app until you reach "Camera Apps". 4K video recording is available as an option here.

Regarding ISO, according to the information that is available in the white paper 3200 is the max value that can be set in Manual mode while Superior Auto can go up to 12800 for photos.

I hope this clears things up for you. Let me know if you have any further questions. Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Christofer
Champion

Hi @S2XZ,

4K video recording is available as an app within the Camera app. You can find it by swiping right to left across the screen after opening the Camera app until you reach "Camera Apps". 4K video recording is available as an option here.

Regarding ISO, according to the information that is available in the white paper 3200 is the max value that can be set in Manual mode while Superior Auto can go up to 12800 for photos.

I hope this clears things up for you. Let me know if you have any further questions. Slightly_smiling_Face

gouthi8
Visitor

Thank you for your quick response. That solve the question.
Christofer
Champion

You're welcome. Slightly_smiling_Face

n13L5
Visitor

I don't get it, what was the reasoning to hide it like that, instead of having it among the first level options? Its not like the screen is too full.

Would also be great to know why we can't use 12800 in manual mode.

Shouldn't it be our decision what we want to use in manual mode - since manual mode has the explicit purpose of giving control to the operator?

Christofer
Champion

Hi @n13L5,

We've had the 4K resolution placed as a separate Camera app since introducing the feature but I understand what you mean. I can forward this as user feedback.

Regarding ISO I'll try to get more information on why the highest value isn't available in Manual mode. I'll let you know as soon as I know anything new.

n13L5
Visitor

Awsome!

Thanks a lot for your efforts  Slightly_smiling_Face

Christofer
Champion

@n13L5 I received some information regarding ISO today.

Setting the ISO to higher values manually can cause pictures to get an unsatisfied noise. For this reason higher ISO values are only available in Superior Auto mode.

I understand how you feel about this though so I will also forward this as user feedback