Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XZ have metal frame or polycarbonate?

SOLVED
Tadija
Visitor

Xperia XZ have metal frame or polycarbonate?

Sony please tell me whether xperia xz has a metal frame or is it some kind of plastic? Thanks. 

Xperia X Performance not have metal frame, frame is made of polycarbonate.

29 REPLIES 29
Christofer
Champion

Hi all, I received information today that the frame of Xperia XZ is made from nylon.

Sunking1011
Contributor

That's sexy then😊
n13L5
Visitor

Good job remembering all that  Slightly_smiling_Face

Sadly, the thing about fingerprints doesn't actually seem to work.

I've had mine for 2 hours and its got finger prints all over the back - even though my hands are generally dry to the touch and not sweaty.

Not too bad though.

The important part is, that Aluminum is a good heat conductor - unlike previously used glass and plastic backs, which certainly didn't help with the overheating problems on various Z phones.

These phones shouldn't overheat with that big aluminum slab in the back. Though my camera causes "heat rising, functions are being disabled" messages to pop up within 2 minutes Slightly_frowning_Face

Nuno_sf
Visitor

Probably less resistant that Z5 frame. Reported result of a XZ drop: 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz/help/sexy-durable-t3485665

profile.country.HR.title
mariagi27

Why not lanyard suport,why Sony?
JRDGM1993
Visitor

Is there a chance of the colour peeled off from the long time usage of a sweat hand? It happened with the old galaxys S5 the "metal colour" peeled off
Sunking1011
Contributor

I'm worried about that too. I'm wanting to use a flip case but I'm worried the plastic 'bumper' case that holds the phone will rub away the paint.
adamlee2014
Contributor

Why did Sony ditch the aluminium frame? I've had my phone since October and it has screen protector and case on but the left side of the frame has several marks all the way down, probably the paint coming off!!! Paid a lot of money for this device
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

And aluminium doesn't mark?
I've had mine for a while and don't have a mark on the polycarbonate, similarly I had Z5 premium a week and the side panel was scratched.
adamlee2014
Contributor

Well considering I had my Z5 for a year in a similar case with not a mark on the frame then yes aluminium doesn't mark as much as this plastic crap.