Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 Compact camera issue

profile.country.UA.title
Lil_Nolik
Explorer

XZ2 Compact camera issue

After updatin to Anroid 10, my camera is always getting crashed. When I`m trying to open camera, there is an error "Error. Unknown error". After rebooting my phone, camera starts workin, but only i open some program and getting back, camera stops working again!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Hello @Lil_Nolik 

Try clearing the cached data of your camera app: long-tap on Camera app icon -> App info -> Storage & cache -> Clear storage -> restart your phone and check if the issue remains.

This will not delete any of your media, but it will reset your camera settings.

profile.country.UA.title
Lil_Nolik
Explorer

I`ve tried that, vut doesn`t work. Even software repair with Sony PC Companion didn`t help that.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Lil_Nolik 

Did you restore your apps after performing the software repair?

If yes, try testing if the same issue occurs in safe mode: long-press the power button then long-tap the restart option. This will restart your phone into the safe mode where all third-party apps will be disabled.

To exit safe mode, simply restart your phone again.

profile.country.UA.title
Lil_Nolik
Explorer

Nope, same thing. I think that's software problem, because even after changing motherboard, it didn't work with Android 10 update

Toasty
New

Same Issue since 2 years.
After system-format it comes always back.
And Sony doesn't help their customers.

I can tell all of you, don't buy Sony-Products - U will get ignored by Sony if U have a problem, and U will have a problem...

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team