Join now - be part of our community!

PMB and existing AVCHD files

SOLVED
profile.country.ru_KZ.title
genecipp
Visitor

PMB and existing AVCHD files

I imported AVCHD files (Sony HD Camcorder) to my deskktop computer.  I then moved them using an external hard drive to my laptop where I then installed PMB that came with the camera.  I went to burn an HD DVD disk using PMB.  However, PMB didn't recognize these files in the Video Library location on the laptop. How do I get PMB to recognize these files so I can burn a disk?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.it_IT.title
brorm2tsmac
Visitor

From my own experience, there are two ways to import Sony HD camcorder AVCHD videos to PMB program.

1. Connect your Sony HD camcorder to your PC via USB cable, and then run PMB program to transfer the AVCHD videos from Sony camcorder directly, instead of transferring the AVCHD video from Sony camcorder to PC.

2. If you have transferred the Sony HD camcorder AVCHD video to your PC already, the AVCHD videos become video files in .mts extension which are not supported by PMB.

However, I couldn't find any information about the video format supported by PMB. If PMB supports importing AVI or MP4 video, you could convert the .mts to .avi/mp4 at first.

I am not sure whether my answer is useful to you. :thinking:

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello genecipp - welcome to the Sony forums :slight_smile:

When you connect the camera directly to your laptop, does PMB detect the files correctly or is the problem only occuring after moving them via the external hard drive?

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.it_IT.title
brorm2tsmac
Visitor

From my own experience, there are two ways to import Sony HD camcorder AVCHD videos to PMB program.

1. Connect your Sony HD camcorder to your PC via USB cable, and then run PMB program to transfer the AVCHD videos from Sony camcorder directly, instead of transferring the AVCHD video from Sony camcorder to PC.

2. If you have transferred the Sony HD camcorder AVCHD video to your PC already, the AVCHD videos become video files in .mts extension which are not supported by PMB.

However, I couldn't find any information about the video format supported by PMB. If PMB supports importing AVI or MP4 video, you could convert the .mts to .avi/mp4 at first.

I am not sure whether my answer is useful to you. :thinking:

Regards,

Tyysti
Explorer

Stupid Sony!- Years earlier PMB vas suporting AVCHD (MTS)- files, not anymore. Why?