Join now - be part of our community!

UltraViolet Streaming Service on Wuaki.tv

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

UltraViolet Streaming Service on Wuaki.tv

Hi folks,

Those of you who own a recent Sony BDP Player might have noticed a new app called Wuaki.tv recently.

If you don't already know it's similar to Netflix and Amazon Instant/Prime Video but it has one difference which some may find useful, it also allows users to stream content form a linked UltraViolet account.

You need to register for an account on Wuaki.tv first and then link your UltraViolet account to the Wuaki.tv account. Streaming your UltraViolet collections is free.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for posting this info.  UKs first real UV solution?

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Huh! Don't be fooled by my previous post..., I haven't yet tested if it actually works as yet. The reason being is that I've spent the last 12 hours communicating between UltraViolet and Wuaki.tv as to why only one of my titles shows in my Wuaki library.

UltraViolet tells me that although I have six UV titles only one of them is classified as a UV title by Wuaki!!

So UltraViolets claim that you can watch ALL your movies in one place is b***** s***** if you ask me!

UK's first real UV solution? No I don't think so. UltraViolet is an overly confusing messy idea requiring the user to link different services to their account without the promise that any will work. I'm close to giving up on it now.

No doubt ultraViolet will go the same way as all these other pipe dreams that offer the earth but deliver nothing.

ANGRY!! :angry:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

So I finally have an answer to the above concerns from Wuaki.tv, here's there take on it....

About your UltraViolet: If you have linked correctly your UltraViolet™ Library and you still are missing some Films on your Wuaki.tv Library, this means that some of them are still not available at Wuaki.tv or perhaps we do not own rights to offer them with UltraViolet.

You can check which movies are on your UltraViolet™ Library but they do not appear on your Wuaki.tv account by following this steps:

1- Sign in with your Wuaki.tv account, and go to Settings

2- Click on the UltraViolet Tab, and then click on "See My UltraViolet™ Movies and TV Shows not available at Wuaki.tv"

3- You should see the following message: "Content not available".

We hope this information solved your doubts.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any question

So there we have it.., POINTLESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh well.  What is a rather good idea, has been killed off by the lack of implementation.  Ive had this discussion before.

Thanks for confirming !

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Yes I think your right.., if the consumer can't understand how it works someone has clearly got things wrong at UltraViolet. 

For interest I've just sent UltraViolet this rather blunt email to register my frustrations:

Hi there,

I’ve just had a reply form Wuaki.tv, here’s what they say:

“ About your UltraViolet: If you have linked correctly your UltraViolet™ Library and you still are missing some Films on your Wuaki.tv Library, this means that some of them are still not available at Wuaki.tv or perhaps we do not own rights to offer them with UltraViolet.”

This clearly demonstrates to me why UltraViolet is an overly complicated confusing service which delivers nothing! UltraViolet make claims that your can “watch your entire digital collection of UltraViolet Movies on any device and all in one place” but that claim is overly exaggerated and false! I cannot watch my UltraViolet collection on any device accept maybe my computer. I have no interest in watching movies on a computer. I just looked at YouTube to find out more about UV and this video says it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8w_wSkWC2U Maybe UltraViolet should read the comments below that video to see what confusion UV is causing to consumers. Most comments say that it doesn’t work and I agree, it’s pointlesss!! Little wonder why then people still turn to piracy, UltraViolet solves nothing!

To answer your other question, yes I can see all my movies on the Flickster website and although I have Flixster on my Sony Bluray player it doesn’t allow for access to UltraViolet collections. Wuaki.tv promised so much more and was the first app to recently offer the ability to view UV collections on this device but as you know already, Wuaki.tv won’t let me watch my entire collection so again it’s pointless!

I do hope you will pass my comments to someone higher within UltraViolet, it seems the very concept of UltraViolet is a mess and doesn’t offer anything of any substance.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some very large companies behind UV yet they cant organise a party in a brewry.  I understand the frustration.

Screenshot_2015-11-14-16-37-43.png

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

That speaks volumes..., provided by most, supported by NONE!!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Update!

I actually tried playing my UltraViolet movie this evening via the Wuaki.tv app on my Sony BDP-S7200 and it worked!!! Amazing!!!!

Not so amazing was that despite having chosen Dolby Surround 5.1 Audio in my preferences I could only select to play this movie in either HD Stereo or SD Stereo, not Dolby Surround.

Another niggle was that the HD version would not play beyond 15 seconds (tried it twice) however the SD version played fine.

So in summary, we do now have an app which allows for UltrViolet streaming but it's not without errors!

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Update No:2

So after last nights niggles with no 5.1 Dolby Surround I email Wuaki.tv again to tell them of the error with the sound.....,

their reply:

"Currently we do not support 5.1 Surround but we are looking to provide this in the future"

What's the point in having a 5.1 surround setting in your preferences if you can't use it? Arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have stuck to my earlier statement: 'POINTLESS'