Join now - be part of our community!

VoWIFI causes non mutable warning notification

profile.country.GB.title
Simon1
Explorer

VoWIFI causes non mutable warning notification

I bought a new Sony Xperia 1 V last week and am using it with the Vodafone provider in Germany.

I activated VoWIFI (wifi calling) which I need to have a stable connection in my home. This causes a big annoyance I cannot handle in this form for the next months and years.

The smartphone displays a warning notification which is permanent and cannot be disabled in the settings as you can see in the screenshots. On top of this it also sends this notification to my smartwatch regularly which is the even worse part. The warning tells that SOS calls do need cell reception which implies that the IMS system property Vodafone sets switches to mobile radio when doing an SOS call which is fine. Aside of this function really thank you for telling me this fact 24/7 😅. This is done with the use of all available providers then anyway which makes it a lot more likely to still work.

There are multiple threads and messages like mine around the Internet. In Germany only Vodafone seem to send the mobile property like this but worldwide there are likely more.

Here is a vodafone thread which points out the IMS properties are correctly set from their perspective and it is part of the smartphone how to handle it. The Xperia 1 is not the only one doing it like this but there are others like the Pixel phones which allow to disable this specific warning which would be a great solution for me.

Please make a change to allow to disable this or display it only once after enabling VoWIFI.

Let me know if you need any more infos. This is really important for me to somehow solve as I am pretty happy with the smartphone but this is a huge blocker. 

warning notification settings (cannot disable)warning notification settings (cannot disable)vowifi warning notificationvowifi warning notification

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hi,

It seems to me that it's more like a carrier issue (Vodafone). I'd recommend you to contact Vodafone about this. I believe they might have a solution for this, as it's happening only with their network.

profile.country.GB.title
Simon1
Explorer

@TheMaze  I linked an Vodafone issue in the Initial Post https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/Samsung/WiFi-Calling-Benachrichtigung-Notruf/td-p/3035558 (in German tho) they are aware of it and state they are configuring it correctly and wont change it. Actually the appearing notification ist also not wrong, Just useless and extremly annoying in the way it is implemented.

I cannot assess why Vodafone seem to be the only Provider doing it like this or what others do differently. This does not mean Vodafone is doing it wrong tho.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey,

Just to clarify, so this notification doesn't appear with other network provides than Vodafone?

profile.country.GB.title
Simon1
Explorer

@EMS_MO72 correct, I noticed no comments of affected users from other providers. This suggests at least none of the other big providers do it the same way.

On the other hand not only Vodafone Germany is affected but likely all other countries Vodafone operates in (I noticed reports from Greece, Ireland and Spain).

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Simon1, since this is a user based community, I recommend you contact Sony to pass your suggestion: 

https://www.sony.co.uk/locale-selector