Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 V - low volume via USB-C headphones connection

profile.country.CZ.title
Damian87

Xperia 1 V - low volume via USB-C headphones connection

Hello, recently I have bought a headphones B&W PX7 S2. There is a possibility to listen via APTX Adaptive or via cable, USB-C direct connection. When I use a cable conection throught USB-C cable, sound volume is really low, actually twice lower than over bluetooth. Is there any fix already for that ?

Sony Xperia 1 V

B&W PX7 S2

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

Hey @damian87 

Can you try to test the headphones with another device with the same connection and check if the same thing will happen or not?

profile.country.CZ.title
Damian87

Hello. Thank you very much for an advice. I have tried the same headphones with Samsung Galaxy A52S and sound output was normal and louder. Xperia playing sound on that headphones much louder via Bluetooth which is surprising.

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @damian87, have you been experiencing this issue with any wired headphone connection since day one? If so, try enabling safe mode and see if the issue persists or not. You may also want to try a software repair via Xperia Companion if the same thing happens with different wired headphones.

profile.country.CZ.title
Damian87

I dont have any issues while listening with headphones connected with 3.5mm jack, it is happening while listening with headphones connected to usb-c. I will try to apply your guidance though. Thank you 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

@damian87 

Let us know how it will go in safe mode 

profile.country.CZ.title
Damian87

Unfortunately safe mode did not make any difference. Usb-C loudness is on +/- half level of Bluetooth audio.

profile.country.CZ.title
Damian87

I have also tried different pair of headphones connected directly via USB-C.

Piscie
Community Team

Hi Damian87, did the issue remain with the different headphones as well? Have you managed to test these headphones with any different smartphone to see how they work via the USB-C cable connection?

profile.country.CZ.title
Damian87

Hello, yes otherwise I would not bother here :slight_smile: I have tried different pair of headphones (akg provided with samsung phone) connected directly via USB-C - same issue with loudness. Then I tried pair of B&W PX8 and Sennheiser Momentum 3 headphones - same thing, quiet via USB-C and nicely loud via Bluetooth.

In addition my headphones plays normally on my GF's mobile, Samsung Galaxy A52S.

So it is definitely something inside Xperia which is a reason...