Join now - be part of our community!

5II - Occasional total freezes (unable to scroll) Whatsapp & Chrome

profile.country.GB.title
ezy2ezy
Contributor

5II - Occasional total freezes (unable to scroll) Whatsapp & Chrome

Anyone else noticed total screen freezes when using Chrome or Whatsapp and there is say an active Gif that the screen sometimes freezes, (can not be scrolled or back flicked) ??

(gestures turned on and running 58.0.A.22.21 UK unlocked Sony sold direct...  which I know is likely to be updated this week as last week O2 & EE had a new version "58.0.A.28.25" - but as Sony does not have a "what has been changed" advice with firmware updates I will assume it is just a security patch and not any new features or bug fixes. )

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Cleaning up, that is often a good remedy.

The optimum is a factory reset, deleting the majority of seldom used apps is another approach.

The before mentioned 2 minutes restart clears memory.

In general, restart your device every fortnight to keep it running smoothly.

What about deleting and reinstalling WhatsApp? (after having made backups of your conversations)

profile.country.GB.title
Mstansmith

This is a brand new flagship phone, I don't expect to have to be doing anything to make it work.

Love Sony, been a fan & devotee for years now, just waiting for the updates to iron out the few problems with this otherwise great phone.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Well, the firmware updates could fix these bugs, but troubleshooting steps help as well for now until the firmware update is released.