Join now - be part of our community!

4 red leds blinking after latest update (KD55XE9005)

profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

4 red leds blinking after latest update (KD55XE9005)

After the update my TV doesn't turn on and show a 4 red leds blinking.

I have tried an hard reset, but nothing happened. What can have happened? 

93 REPLIES 93
profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

I don't know. Will se tomorrow when they bring the tv to my home

profile.country.CZ.title
mmhorda

I am also curiouse what SW version will be installed.

don't let the guys leave your place. turn on tv. check firmware and update it again while they are still there. So that they could take it back again in case of any problems lol 😄

That is the only way to find out if update causes problem or not. It won't be coinsidence anymore )))

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

They have told me that after the board change they will check the TV to verify that everything is fine.

But since the Sony service center is close to my work, I plan to visit it upon their notification that the TV is ready and have them perform the update in-house.

profile.country.CZ.title
mmhorda

Perfect!

Thyank you!

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

Also, Marco please, since you will be the first to receive your TV set back from service, inform us as soon as you clarify the situation. Your feedback would be much appreciated. Thanx.

profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

I hope he will stay with me until I check the firmware version and eventually proceed with the update

profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

TV is back home.

Firmware version is the old one. They suggested me to wait for the automatic rollout via OTA... but it shouldn't happen even via USB.

They changed the motherboard. Without warranty it was 275€

profile.country.CZ.title
mmhorda

suggested to wait for OTA. hmm. this OTA may come in a month but Ok

I am confused how is that you don't have warranty on last year TV? Isn't it mandatory in EU to have at least 2 years warranty?
You should be covered.

profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

Yes yes I am covered... I only wanted to say that if I wasn't covered I had to pay 275€

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

By saying "the old firmware" you mean the March 2018 (v6.2858) firmware, the October 2017 (v6.2602), which?

Could you check it please?

Even yesterday in the avforums.com there were reports that the new update bricked TVs.

Did they provide any insight into what may the cause be? Defective board or defective firmware?