Join now - be part of our community!

A2DP bluetooth not on the update

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mikesimm9

A2DP bluetooth not on the update

My TV is the 43XD8099 (which i am told is ATV2) and able to update better than ATV1

With the 6.2602 Nougat firmware, I thought my TV would get all the improvements - it gets NEARLY all but for some reason not the A2DP bluetooth profile.

Does anyone from the forum, or from Sony know if this is because they haven't got round to it or is it something to do with the chipsets used in the 43XD8099.

I had understood that because this model could handle things like Picture in Picture and the other new upgrades that A2DP would be included.

Any thoughts anyone ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
hvalentim

"A system on a chip or system on chip (SoC or SOC) is an integrated circuit (also known as an "IC" or "chip") that integrates all components of a computer or other electronic systems. It may contain digital, analog, mixed-signal, and often radio-frequency functions—all on a single substrate. SoCs are very common in the mobile computing market because of their low power-consumption. A typical application is in the area of embedded systems."

Source and further details: Wikipedia

I reckon you can see it as a sort of all-in-one "motherboard" integrating the components which define the "architecture" of the TV and it's "capabilities". It's technological "base" or "form factor".

Sony TVs seem to use mostly Mediatek SoCs.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

according to sony site, XE models do have A2DP profile (not really, they will have via future update). Since the SoC is sthe same ATV2 maybe that will come to ATV2 models from 2016 also.

profile.country.GB.title
mikesimm9

Thanks for the reply

I'm not sure what SoC stands for - although as soon as you tell me I'm sure it will seem obvious !

Mike

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

A2DP is for XE 2017 models, from XE85 to XE93/94 and OLED A1.

Manolo

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

Is there any technical reason for that or just SONYs way of doing business? The SoC is the same, right?

profile.country.GB.title
mikesimm9

Thanks

That's put perfectly and that's what I want to understand 

is there a technical reason why A2DP can't be added

Can you clarify what SoC stands for please

profile.country.GB.title
hvalentim

"A system on a chip or system on chip (SoC or SOC) is an integrated circuit (also known as an "IC" or "chip") that integrates all components of a computer or other electronic systems. It may contain digital, analog, mixed-signal, and often radio-frequency functions—all on a single substrate. SoCs are very common in the mobile computing market because of their low power-consumption. A typical application is in the area of embedded systems."

Source and further details: Wikipedia

I reckon you can see it as a sort of all-in-one "motherboard" integrating the components which define the "architecture" of the TV and it's "capabilities". It's technological "base" or "form factor".

Sony TVs seem to use mostly Mediatek SoCs.

Tags (1)
habyss
Explorer

Hi,

I've paired successfully bluedio and Sony headset with a2dp installing a third party bluetooth package.

- Desactivate in parameters security "Verify applications"

- Activate in parameters security "allow unknow sources"

- Download this link on your Android Sony TV:

https://cloud.wifx.net:5001/sharing/5JrJhDsqU

- Find a way to copy it to your tv with FK file explorer and install it

- In settings applications, click on smart bluetooth and autorisations, activate all

-  In settings applications, click on smart bluetooth and open it

- Scan for device with your headset in pairing mode

- Application is made for a touch screen, but with right and left you can select your device without seeing cursor.

- Once paired, it will be listed in parameters bluetooth and you can you it after without this additional software.

Best regards,IMG_20180912_205951.jpg

klekkelk
New

Hi sir i can confirm that your solotsol worked! Man I almost gave up on this tv.. thank you so much!

profile.country.GB.title
ksrangal
Explorer

Hello 

Can  I install this on  KD-65XD7505  sony TV ?

Cheers!!!