Join now - be part of our community!

amazon app

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

amazon app

i have just got the ubp-x700 i was checking the amazon app on the player and i found the same problem with the app as i am having on my kd65-zd9 which i have been having since feb 2017 i got this player on 15 01 2018 does any one know why this is happening

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi stewartgordon4,

It might be best to get in touch with Amazon directly for assistance with the problem you are experiencing.

Let me know how you get on?

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

thanks for your reply i got on to amazon they told me  to get on to sony when i got on to sony they tol d me to go to amazon i seem to be going round in circles getting nowhere fast

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@stewartgordon4 wrote:

i have just got the ubp-x700 i was checking the amazon app on the player and i found the same problem with the app as i am having on my kd65-zd9 which i have been having since feb 2017 i got this player on 15 01 2018 does any one know why this is happening

It would help if you explain what kind of problems you're having.

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

it is the same problem i reported on feb 2017 for my kd65-zd9 the picture judders and the sound drops in and out all the other apps work ok it does not matter if i am watching hd or uhd it happens with both yet i got the new 2017 amazon fire tv in oct there is no problem with it the picture and sound are perfict

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Stewart, 

We have escalated this for you, so someone should be in touch with you soon. 

Thanks, 

Pascale

profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

Yeah. EVERYONE has this problem with the Amazon Video app.

I mean... everyone. And Sony has never done anything to solve this problem.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/amazon-video-juddering-issues/td-p/2299772/page/5

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Judder and audio dropouts are very common to Amazon Video on Sony Android TVs. Most of the time you have to restart playback in the beginning to get it somewhat running. It might also help to initially pause playback for some seconds. But there is still intermittent judder and audio dropouts that might occur every few minutes unfortunately.

profile.country.IT.title
marcobremb

Still... it's unbelievable to have problems like this one (that can be clealry fixed with a patch) since months in TVs that costs over 1000€

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

And even worse than that is that it is not getting fixed. Amazon Video experience has been bad since the very Sony Android TV beginnings in 2015. It got even worse with the Marshmallow update.

marcobremb schrieb:

Still... it's unbelievable to have problems like this one (that can be clealry fixed with a patch) since months in TVs that costs over 1000€

Not to mention an OLED, which costs multiple times that...