Join now - be part of our community!

Broken screen

profile.country.GB.title
Sdenford1
Explorer

Broken screen

I have a sony bravia KD65XG8796BU which my son decided to throw a drinks bottle at and would like to find out how i can find a replacement screen. The tv is only 3 months old and we have received a replacement through insurance but would like to repair the old one.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It will cost you more than buy another tv. Let it go.

profile.country.RO.title
Max23B0
New

that 's right ! it's easier to buy a new one

profile.country.GB.title
Sdenford1
Explorer

• Ive already baught a new tv through insurance just basically wanted to find out how much a screen would actually cost to repair the old one myself. The screen wouldn't cost more than a new tv on its own thats just ridiculous. 
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

you were brave to have bought a good insurance and have a new tv, now why do you state as ridiculous the cost of a TV panel? Are you a tv manifacturer? Have you ever tried to change the screen of a smartphone and compared how big is panel of a tv compared to it?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Just in case you are curious let's check with them (even if I don't think they have panels in warehouse beacuse none would buy it) https://uk.eetgroup.com/Guides/Sony/

profile.country.GB.title
Sdenford1
Explorer

I was just trying to point out that one part of a tv wouldn't cost more then the whole tv. If you were to pay to get it fixed i would understand the cost because you have to pay the engineers to repair it. I was just curious in how much a screen would cost and where to get one plus would it actually be worth doing youself if you had the knowledge to do it. I am an engineer and have successfully repaired smaller tvs and computer monitors, ps3/4's, laptops, countless smart phones hardware and software before.  But i had access to parts from the net fot those items whereas not large tv screens. This isnt a 'im more of a geek then you' discussion im just looking for a maybe how much and where thats all. 

profile.country.GB.title
Sdenford1
Explorer

Insurance company were great by the way £11 a month for contents covers accidental damage to electrical products as standard. All sorted within 48 hours. Would highly recommend taking contents insurance.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I gave you the address for the officiale spare partner for Sony. There aren't panels but you can alway ask for.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Sdenford1  ha scritto:

Insurance company were great by the way £11 a month for contents covers accidental damage to electrical products as standard. All sorted within 48 hours. Would highly recommend taking contents insurance.

That could be a good idea for many people since you also ensured that they were trusty since you damage the tv by yourself