Join now - be part of our community!

Chromecast issue

profile.country.GB.title
FlammableD
Explorer

Chromecast issue

Hey, I've just updated to Marshmallow on my KDL-50W805C, but I had this issue previously for a while now.

When I try to cast from certain sources (v rarely, but always the same, NJPW World always does this, Dailymotion used to but seems fine now), the bottom right corner of the image is cut off. Pressing the Action Menu button briefly uncrops the image, but causes the cast to crash out.

I have no issues with this site on a 1st Gen Chromecast.

Here's a couple of images demonstrating this, 2nd image possibly nsfw depending on where you work

https://imgur.com/a/FsioK

If anyone knows how to fix, let me know!

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

OK, this issue for you used to occur before Marshmallow.  So ruling that out.

Can I assume that YouTube casts correctly?  If so, and as you said Dailymotion seems fine, then this would indicate an issue within NJPW World itself. 

But let try a few things first:

• Can you go to the Google Play Store on your TV and then go into "My Apps" are there any updates needed?
  • Can you check which version of Google Cast you have on the TV - it should be Version 1.23.86325 (Home > Settings > Network > Google Cast)

If they are fine and it still fails, I think it might be best to try a factory reset.  It just may clear the problem.  Instructions HERE.

Cheers