Join now - be part of our community!

Dear Mods..

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

Dear Mods..

Does anyone from Sony ever come here?

I see the mods post here but they are no help what so ever.

There are loads of threads asking for help, but no support is given.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @newbix,

the moderators mostly forward the issue to the support which then sometimes contact the customers via email, so the solution isn't necessarily posted on the forums.

Also Sony employees can be found on this forum. Most notably @Peter_S. for example.

- Nic

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@IamNicschrieb:

the moderators mostly forward the issue to the support which then sometimes contact the customers via email, so the solution isn't necessarily posted on the forums.

How stupid is that?

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Kuschelmonschter,

if the issue is e.g. a (possibly) broken product, it is easier to contact the customer right trough the service partner than letting the customer go trough a contact form.

Since it is really cumbersome to go trough Sonys web-forms in order to issue a repair, I would say it isn't stupid at all.

It though could be that I am missing the point of what @newbix is referring to.

Some examples of posts would be helpful in that case.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

Thanks people.

So this forum is useless for support  😞

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @newbix,

@newbix schrieb:

What do you mean by that?

If you have an issue, which someone knows the solution for, you get an answer, if not, you need to contact the support via phone or e-mail. 

In some cases a moderator will point you to the right contact form for your particular issue.

Unlike the "US Sony Community", this is an actual community where users interact with each other, which might not be perfect in every case, yet if you get an answer it is in my opinion better than some standardized answer by a support agent which is not necessarily correct.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

@IamNicwrote:

Hi @newbix,

@newbixschrieb:

What do you mean by that?

If you have an issue, which someone knows the solution for, you get an answer, if not, you need to contact the support via phone or e-mail. 

In some cases a moderator will point you to the right contact form for your particular issue.

Unlike the "US Sony Community", this is an actual community where users interact with each other, which might not be perfect in every case, yet if you get an answer it is in my opinion better than some standardized answer by a support agent which is not necessarily correct.

- Nic

So in short, no one from sony comes here and helps. It's just a place to moan and let off steam.

The "US Sony Community" have got sony reps on there helping. The EU? not so much.

As for sony UK support, all they do is read off the webpage.

And if you want to talk to someone higher, you have to wait 3 days or more for a call back.

We will agree to dissagree.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

@newbix schrieb:

So in short, no one from sony comes here and helps. 

That is not what I said. :angry:

You see several Sony employees here like @Peter_S.@Sean_Mc and @EdwinaU:wink:

Additionally to that you have the Community Experts, which don't work for Sony, yet are experts for one or more product categories. Read more about the experts here.

@newbix schrieb: 

As for sony UK support, all they do is read off the webpage.

What point are you trying to make? :thinking:

In most cases you find the answer to a question by simply doing a quick search - either by using the integrated search function of the community platform or by using a search engine like Google. :nerd:

If a question can be answered by using the publicly accessable info (manuals, product-website other forum threads etc.) what is wrong about copy-pasting that info? 

Would you prefer if the Sony rep (or Expert) would tell the person asking the question to go to the webpage instead of making the whole process more easy by bringing the info from said webpage to the user? :dizzy:

- Nic