Join now - be part of our community!

kdl50w755c software update fails at 47% download

profile.country.GB.title
davyk1966
New

kdl50w755c software update fails at 47% download

Hi, Have tried several times to update my kdl50w755c but it keeps failing at 47%

I have tried downloading and unzipping the package to a USB stick and trying it that way but it restarts the TV at 47% when it is copying off the USB stick. I have tried two different USB sticks and downloaded the file twice (the zip file size is correct).

I have reset to factory and tried again - both ways - and it still fails at 47%

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

It seems you have done everything you can your end, so I think it would be best to contact support on this.

Here is the link for you: https://bit.ly/1Yo3R6C

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@davyk1966

....or be happy that you didn't update and made your TV dumber in the process by breaking sideloading of apps and that half working pass through for 3rd party apps.

profile.country.GB.title
davyk1966
New

To be honest I wouldn't mind if the TV stopped nagging me to update every time I power up.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

just turn off auto updates

profile.country.GB.title
Kevin8098

Side loading of apps works just fine here.. 

@

@

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Kevin8098

on nougat?

profile.country.GB.title
Kevin8098

Yeah, I've sideloaded firefox, also some CCTV software from APK. I've also installed an alternative app store. I use hal launcher to access the sideloaded apps.. 

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor
profile.country.GB.title
Kevin8098

Ive no idea, I've enabled developer setting and unknown sources and it just works as it did in Android 6..

Just as a side note you can send apps direct from 'ES File Exploer' on an Android phone to install automatically on the tv. (developer settings and adb debuging needs to be enabled to the tv)