Join now - be part of our community!

Disney+ not on Google Play Store Bravia 2015 Android KDL-50W805C

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
JollyJohan
Explorer

Disney+ not on Google Play Store Bravia 2015 Android KDL-50W805C

Hi,

Disney help (Link Here ) lists that Disney+ is compatible with Sony Bravia Android TVs "The Disney+ Android App is supported on Android TV-enabled Smart TVs, including Sharp AQUOS, and Sony Bravia."

I have the latest firmware for my TV downloaded on PC and applied via usb (sony_dtv0FA50A09A0A9_00004100_153b00b8.pkg).

I have tried clearing cache of google play store, but it is not listed. Disney Now is listed, but not Disney+.

Everywhere else I have looked online states that it should appear in the play store app on the TV.   This is not the case.  

Please can someone tell me if this is not listed because it is incompatible with my device or if there is a problem with my TV?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

You have to wait for March 24...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

You have to wait for March 24...

profile.country.GB.title
JollyJohan
Explorer

Really?  So I have to subscribe to something that I can't verify I can use with my TV?  - Disney+ is currently discounted to £49.99 for year sub but that expires at 12pm tonight...

Thanks for responding Marino.  I will accept your answer as a solution once verified that I can access Disney+ via the play store on my TV :slight_smile:

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

When will Disney Plus launch? Disney Plus has already launched in the USA, Canada and the Netherlands. It launched in Australia and New Zealand on November 19, and it'll arrive in March 24, 2020 in the UK and most of Europe.

www.techradar.com/amp/news/disney-plus-uk-release-date-price-shows

profile.country.GB.title
JollyJohan
Explorer

Thanks Marino - I believe you that the service doesn't officially start until 24th March :slight_smile: , I was just under the impression that the app was available to install already (albeit disabled until start date).

Cheers