Join now - be part of our community!

Google cast reciever problems 43W805C

SOLVED
profile.country.MK.title
Muchakis

Google cast reciever problems 43W805C

I have a problem with the built in google cast reciever on my android tv 43W805C. I connect Youtube through google cast, I then disconnect by selecting stop casting. After some time if I want to reconnect with the TV I get a message saying there was a problem connecting. I then need to restart the TV to solve the problem. I've recently did a factory reset, everything was working flawlessly, but now I'm facing this issue. It's a pain to restart the TV after every use of the google cast feature.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.MK.title
Muchakis

The TV, phone and cast reciever are all up to date. I gave up trying and did another factory reset. Now it seems to be working fine. The question is untill when. Hope they iron out bugs and improve stability in android 6.0 Marshmallow.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Muchakis

Do you close your Youtube App or this is running in background when you try second time?

http://www.wikihow.com/Close-Apps-on-Android

profile.country.MK.title
Muchakis

Yes I close the app, by the way it's not only the YouTube app, I have problems casting with other apps as well. Album, music, google chrome, casting the screen etc.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Muchakis

Do you have the latest firmware v3473 for your Android TV and the latest update for Google Cast app 1.20.67611 or newer?

Check at Home-> Settings -> Google Cast

Also check your other device, Android phone or tablet, for latest Updates.

Can you Cast from a Windows PC ?

If TV is Wired connected to Network, also check with a WiFi connection or vice versa.

profile.country.MK.title
Muchakis

The TV, phone and cast reciever are all up to date. I gave up trying and did another factory reset. Now it seems to be working fine. The question is untill when. Hope they iron out bugs and improve stability in android 6.0 Marshmallow.