Join now - be part of our community!

Google Play/Sony Select 4K movie offer

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
webby73
Explorer

Google Play/Sony Select 4K movie offer

Has anyone managed to redeem this offer? Shows up on the Sony Select app, which tells you to open up the Google Play TV & Movies app to redeem it, but the offer isn't there. Are we waiting for an update for the TV for this to work? I have a 49XE8004.

64 REPLIES 64
profile.country.GB.title
husnainmohammad
Explorer

Have you tried through the Google Play Movie app on phone ? Or even the website

Moon2018
Explorer

I am having the same issue....

profile.country.GB.title
leileiapple
New

I follow your instructions, but it actually charged, it’s not free. Anything wrong? Do I have to register my tv first? 

Micdoses
Explorer

Hello I am also having trouble receiving my free UHD movie it's saying error retrieving information from server. [DF-RPC-01

mariemomof3
Explorer

Have you managed to redeem your free movie? I have spent hours trying to redeem our free 4K movie. 

profile.country.GB.title
leigh54
Explorer

No given up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Wint43
Explorer

This might not help anyone but it worked first time for me.

I chose The Dark Tower, £13.99, clicked to buy at that price, which immediately discounted to zero.:slight_smile:

way to go! I must have done this about 4 hours ago as well as we have just finished watching it, then realised I havent registered my tv from last august - oops

profile.country.GB.title
fatboyz62

I couldn't claim this offer either until I entered payment details on my Google Play account, then you claim the movie and follow the steps through till paymment and it comes up as free but only on the last step just before you actually pay .

profile.country.GB.title
prestapost
New

How is this marked solved?  I've got valid payment options and the TV is registered.  Still no luck. 😞

So many Sony, Google and other forums have people with this same problem.  It makes me want to return my TV to the store.