Join now - be part of our community!

Info button shows Up randomly

mrkuro
New

Info button shows Up randomly

Hi my new Sony ZD9 tv randomly pops Up the info panel where you can see resolution, selected input and Screen format. when i change to a tv or hdmi input the info pops Up as it should. but sometimes it pops Up in the middle of a movie for No reason for a couple of seconds and nothing changes on the Screen, playback device and No button is pressed on the remote

16 REPLIES 16
borisblank
Explorer

Yes, I have exactly the same problem.  Beginning to get annoying as it disrupts my viewing pleasure.

I have the 75inch version on latest firmware as of this date.

daknigh36
Explorer

Same here - 75" ZD9 - the info bar pops up randomly when watching from any input - starting to get annoying!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@borisblank  - Do you have the ZD9 as well?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Is this issue still happening?  If so, is YouView enabled or disabled?

Cheers

daknigh36
Explorer

Yes still happening for me (twice this evening so far) You View disabled on mine, happens on SKy and on my Nvidia Shield.

daknigh36
Explorer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @daknigh36

The reason I ask is there was another thread created HERE for the W755C series TV. 

However before I can pass it to Sony as a problem, I need someone to confirm whether a factory reset resolves the problem or not (as they would only suggest this firstly anyhow).

Thanks

borisblank
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Sorry for the delay in replying.  Yes I have a ZD9 (75" model).

I did do a factory reset not long after I noticed the info bar popping up (simply to clear the settings I had made and to start afresh rather than specifically for the pop-up issue), the reset did not cure the pop-up problem!

The latest firmware update v6.0614 which came out on 30th November did not cure the pop-up either.

cheers mate!

daknigh36
Explorer

Still happening for me too and its starting to get annoying, especially as this is such an expensive flagship tv.

Happens on all sources totally randomly.

PLEASE someone fix this!!!!