Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43XD8305BAEP - no image , only sound

SOLVED
profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

KD-43XD8305BAEP - no image , only sound

On my KD-43XD8305 at a time , when I watched a football match , the image has become distorted , appeared complementary colors and a grid with horizontal, vertical and tilted colored broken lines . I shutdown the TV from the remote control , but after I restarted it , there was no picture , only normal sound . The TV performed the boot procedure without displaying the animation and Android logo . LCD panel has backlit only and was light gray . I made the shutdown procedure , removed the power cord for several minutes and restarting several times , as it is specified in User Manual , but unsuccessfully . The front LED was lit normally , with no red or orange error codes and blinked only when a command was made on the remote control . It was possble to switch TV channels , adjust audio volume , but screen still remains black without image or informational banner . Two weeks ago , the TV successfully made a firmware update to version 6.2858 . What has happened and how can I solve this problem myself ? Is it a software problem (maybe a cyber attack , because the TV is always connected to the internet) or it is a hardware problem ? I understand that the Smart TV with Android TV OS can be attacked by viruses and malware , which can cause them serious problems . Has anyone ever encountered such a problem ? Thanks !

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

Yes Mooly01 , I know that Force Factory Reset deletes all the applications that ,, YOU ,, have previously installed , but Amazon Video was present in Featured Apps from beginning , when I first power-up the TV in Oct , 2016 and after the update v. 6.2858 , it was automatically upgraded to Amazon Prime by this firmware , not by me . In this case , it should not roll-back to Amazon Video app , because it is a preinstalled application , right ? Thanks !

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Factory resetting the TV typically brings back the firmware's default Amazon Video app. The Google Play Store will at some point in time again replace Amazon Video with Prime Video.

profile.country.RO.title
Gonzales60
Explorer

In the right uper corner of Help menu , I saw that is displayed : Version PKG6.2858.0082EUA and I think Amazon Prime app , had to stay and not go back to Amazon Video app , that was part of the original PKG6.0514.0001EUA version with which the TV came in Oct, 2016 . What do you think ?