Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49x8005c voice control

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
paulecrisp
New

KD-49x8005c voice control

I can't figure out whether I should have this function on my TV or not. I am constantly being prompted for voice input (on search for instance) but the remote does NOT have a microphone and the manual (such as it is)  just talks about voice-enabled TVs without telling me if this is one - or not.

Is it and/or could I make it one by using some other voice input device (e.g. mobile phone, by a different remote etc)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The easiest way to test if it is really voice-command capable (as it should) is test it via the TV&Video sideview app on an android device. It has also a voice plugin that you can use once coupled with your tv

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The easiest way to test if it is really voice-command capable (as it should) is test it via the TV&Video sideview app on an android device. It has also a voice plugin that you can use once coupled with your tv

profile.country.GB.title
paulecrisp
New

Useful advice, thanks. I think it has worked!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm happy to have helped you, now if you want you can try buying a remote of an upper series that includes a microphone. IMHO my own KD55A1 has it but I use it almost never, but that's me :wink: