Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XD8099 and KD-55XD8005 same price

SOLVED
profile.country.MK.title
Muchakis

KD-49XD8099 and KD-55XD8005 same price

1. Can somebody explain to me why do this two models have the same price?
2. What is different between the models except the size?

My guess is that it's a marketing trick for us to buy the larger size, but when i compare prices to other models like the 49XD8005, 49XD8077 and 49XD8088 they are significantly lower than that of the 49XD8099.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

I don't know where you are looking, but according to this Sony UK page, all the 49in sets have an RRP of £900, and the 55in sets an RRP of £1,150

But the little 1 next to the price leads you to:-

'The RRP is Sony's recommended retail price; the actual retail price is determined by the retailer/seller and not by Sony.'

The specs of all TVs in this series are identical, apart from screen size, bezel colour and stand colour; the real mystery, perhaps, is why there are separate 88 and 99 models that are described as completely identical in all respects, and why there is only one choice of 55in sets.

But who is the retailer whose prices you are quoting? If you want the 55/05 and it is a bargain, pull their arm off.

But if you want the 49/99 and it is too pricey there, go find it cheaper elsewhere.

Richer Sounds have got the 49/77 for £649, and the 49/88 for £729. So £80 extra if you want that particular bezel/stand combination - that can only be marketing, stock balancing, something of that type.

And the 55/05 is £799. So, not actually as cheap as the 49/88 there, but a hell of a lot more off the RRP.

http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/lcd-and-plasma/smart-tvs#3

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

I don't know where you are looking, but according to this Sony UK page, all the 49in sets have an RRP of £900, and the 55in sets an RRP of £1,150

But the little 1 next to the price leads you to:-

'The RRP is Sony's recommended retail price; the actual retail price is determined by the retailer/seller and not by Sony.'

The specs of all TVs in this series are identical, apart from screen size, bezel colour and stand colour; the real mystery, perhaps, is why there are separate 88 and 99 models that are described as completely identical in all respects, and why there is only one choice of 55in sets.

But who is the retailer whose prices you are quoting? If you want the 55/05 and it is a bargain, pull their arm off.

But if you want the 49/99 and it is too pricey there, go find it cheaper elsewhere.

Richer Sounds have got the 49/77 for £649, and the 49/88 for £729. So £80 extra if you want that particular bezel/stand combination - that can only be marketing, stock balancing, something of that type.

And the 55/05 is £799. So, not actually as cheap as the 49/88 there, but a hell of a lot more off the RRP.

http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/lcd-and-plasma/smart-tvs#3

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.MK.title
Muchakis

@royabrown Thanks for the clarification.