Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65X8505C i+ button not working

Arms80
Explorer

KD-65X8505C i+ button not working

Hi All, 

Just updated the firmware to the latest version on my KD-65X8505C TV this week. After the update the i+ button on the remote doesn't work. The remote is sending signal to the TV because the light slowly flashes under the TV's Sony logo. Also all the other buttons on the remote are functioning. 

Have you encountered this issue with your TV after the firmware update? 

I really like the i+ button because I can check the resolution of the video playing e.g. Netflix 4k. I hope there is a fix for this issue. 

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

Can you access +i (Info) from Action Menu -> Display & Sound?

Arms80
Explorer

No, unfortunately I am not. 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Try

• Clear cache for all Apps.(Settings - Storage & reset - Storage - Cached data - Clear cached data - OK)
  • Reboot your TV

If not solved try a factory reset:

sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66442/kw/

Performing a Factory reset erases all your settings and downloaded apps.

Arms80
Explorer

I cleared the cached data with no success. When watching TV the i+ button is working. When I launch Netflix it is not working. 

Seems that I have to do the factory reset. I'm just not too keen on performing it because I loose all the settings set for the picture. I have to pick the right time for it and write down all the values etc. 

Thank you for your help! 

profile.country.GB.title
Budhi108

Is factory reset help?

My i+ work on tv and netflix but not on youtube channels.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Arms80

If you havnt written down your settings yet, to make it easier - I created a spreadsheet for my own settings - see HERE - might save you a little time.

Cheers

Arms80
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, 

Thank you very much for the Excel sheet! 

I'll get back to the topic after I've performed the factory reset. Might be that I have the time for it on weekend but now I'm too busy with my work. 

Arms80
Explorer

Couldn't wait till weekend. I had to do the factory reset today. I regret to inform that it didn't solve the problem. When using Netflix the i+ button isn't working. It works on all other sources. 

Must be that the Firmware upgrade just left out this functionality for Netflix..

Would have been nice feature but seems that you can't always get what you want. 

profile.country.GB.title
Budhi108

I'm a bit frustrating when read problems like this, so I put update off. My TV work just fine and I don't know what can be better with new updates. PS4 updates is must because PSN store, but TV updates not. Reading this forum I can ekspect only problems with new updates, nothing good.

It is not good to not possible downgrade firmware.