Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65X8505C i+ button not working

Arms80
Explorer

KD-65X8505C i+ button not working

Hi All, 

Just updated the firmware to the latest version on my KD-65X8505C TV this week. After the update the i+ button on the remote doesn't work. The remote is sending signal to the TV because the light slowly flashes under the TV's Sony logo. Also all the other buttons on the remote are functioning. 

Have you encountered this issue with your TV after the firmware update? 

I really like the i+ button because I can check the resolution of the video playing e.g. Netflix 4k. I hope there is a fix for this issue. 

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Arms80

I am on the same firmware version as you - I have just tested netflix on my KD-55XD8577 and the info works just fine.  Can you please confirm that you do not get this information (sorry for the out-of-focus picture, but you get the idea) - if so, I will pass this onto Sony Support.

Netflix Info.JPG

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Anonymous

I also have no info, either RC button(i+) or Action Menu, on Youtube and Google Play Movies. Don't know about NETFLIX since I don't use.

Trying to figure out what is the cause.

I also don't remember if this worked in the past and previous firmwares.

YouTube is v 1.3.11

Google Play Movies is v 3.20.10-tv

Info works OK on embedded tuners(Digital and Satellite) and also on Recorded titles.

Arms80
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, 

The i+ button isn't working and it is not available under the Action Menu. This concerns only Netflix. All the other sources are working fine. 

In the picture you can see the Action Menu view taken when using Netflix:

20161116_173854.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Arms80

I have escalated this thread to Sony Support in order for them to assist - I cant think of anything else that will help you im afriad.  Please post back on how you get on.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Anonymous

About YouTube.

How can our new Firmware contain YouTube as an embedded System App with a version 1.2.7 October 2015 ?

This should contain YouTube version 1.3.11 since this version is from April 2016 and new Firmware is November 2016.

When uninstalling Youtube update through Play Store, this goes back to 1.2.7 :thinking:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MiCal1967

In regards to the info in YouTube - I cant remember if there ever was info :slight_smile:

In regards to the version, Sony has no control on the Google Play Store and versions etc.  However, have you tried installing the APK manually instead?

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/youtube-for-android-tv/youtube-for-android-tv-1-3-11-release...

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi Quinnicus

Went back to previous version and tried to reinstall via ES File Explorer which gives an error of Package Installer stopped.

What I see in System Apps there are TWO Package installer Apps :thinking:

This possibly does not allow manual installation with ES.

Of course this can be installed manually via Play Store but no info remains.

What I noticed with previous Youtube version is that there was also another RC key that didn't work. "stop" key

Since yours is OK, I start to believe that issue with info could be region related

[Add new]

Package from your link was installed succesfully with ES but info issue remains. There was a small size difference though. Link .apk was 8.1 MB but from Play Store was 6.9 MB

youtube no info.PNG