Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-43W755C in standby interrupts music from receiver

Yaldar
New

KDL-43W755C in standby interrupts music from receiver

Hello everyone,

I have a problem. When I want to listen to music, I use a mediaplayer that is connected to my receiver (Marantz NR1403). As it is just music, I won’t need to use my TV (KDL-43W755C). Therefore I leave my TV in standby modus.  My problem is that the TV seems to do “something” in standby-modus that causes brief interruptions in the played music. I can “solve” these interruptions by turning the TV back on.

So, what happens, is that as soon as I put my TV in standby, the music appears to randomly start buffering, and it starts to play smoothly when I turn the TV back on. If I completely disconnect the HDMI cable from TV to receiver, I do not suffer from these interruptions.  If I use my old TV (connected with HDMI), I also don’t notice these interruptions. If I completely unplug the TV, but leave HDMI cable plugeged in, I also do not suffer from these problems.

Therefore the origin of these music-interruptions appear to be with the TV, or the interaction between this specific TV and my receiver. And only when the TV is in standby it somehow does something that causes my receiver to mess up.

My initial guess would be related to HDMI-cec. I therefore disabled that functionality both on TV and receiver, but to no avail. So even if hdmi-cec is disabled, I still notice interruptions in music when my TV is in standby modus, and not when TV is on.

I tried different HDMI cables, also to no avail. I tried all HDMI-ports on the TV, but also to no avail. It almost seems like the TV is (randomly) sending signals over the  HDMI bus towards my receiver (which is an output-only hdmi-arc channel), which consequently messes up my receiver.

Does anyone have an idea (other than switching to RCA-cables) to solve this issue. I prefer to be able to listen to radio without having to turn my TV on.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately this is a known issue - Sony is aware and is currenly investigating.  

See:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2173825#M43947

Other discussion thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd55x8509-hdmi-issue/td-p/2091665

Cheers

Stateline
New

Do you have any succes in solving this issue?

Last week (January 12th 2017) I bought a new Sony TV (KD-55XD8005) and since then I also noticed very annoying audio interrupts from the other devices connected to the audio receiver (Onkyo TX-NR535). It is impossible now to listen to music with the TV turned off. 

When I unplug the HDMI cable from the Sony TV the issue is over. But, when I reconnect when I want to watch TV or Netflix (from the Andoid Sony TV), the aunion sync can be completely off! Then the only thing that helps is to cut the power of all the HDMI connected devices (unplug from the wall socket) to restore audio sync. 

All the best,

Daniël 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This issue is still ongoing.  Advise to re-test again once the long awaited 'Marshmallow' firmware update is eventually released.

Cheers

Stateline
New

Thanks for the update!

All the best,

Daniël