Join now - be part of our community!

Only One side Audio Out When plugged into HDMI Arc port

profile.country.GB.title
johayne98

Only One side Audio Out When plugged into HDMI Arc port

Historically I have predominantly used the Smart TV just as video voutput / monitor for my Gaming PC . I had a seperate amp and soundsystem for my pc 

I  had allways connected my PC to the ARC HDMI port , as I understood that this port supports HDCP - which I now know is not completely correct and the other ports do also 

Anyhow I had moved house recently and do not currently have the amp or soundsystem  and was planning on using the Bravia Speakers via MY PC connected HDMI . OUt of habbit I connected the PC to the HDMI ARC port , thats when I noticed something strange .  When connecting to the ARC HDMI port , the audio would only go through to the left side TV Speaker . When I connect the same HDMI cable into a different port , the audio comes through both sides 

I have got the TV insured so can get it repaired/replaced , however I am not sure if this is standard behaviour when  when using the ARC port for video and audio signal . I did not want to go through the pain of replacement . repair if this is a software bug or a connectivty issue 

Can anyone just verify if they can get sound from both speakers of their simmilar 4K TV when using the ARC port 

I have tried serveral devices and different HDMI cables , however the audio stil comes  out of one side of the TV 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This may sound silly - but have you checked the sound settnig on the PC when outputting audio via HDMI ?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
johayne98

Hi Yes 

I fiddled with the balance , tried it both ways , I put it fully right , no sound at all . 
I plugged the same PC into a different port , audio worked both sides ( from TV) 

I plugged a laptop into same port with a spare HDMI 2.0 cable , sound still came out of left side only 

I then plugged laptop into HDMI 3 in TV , sound worked both sides 

TV has otherwise been a champ , despite the rough edges of Android . I have an extended Warranty so can get a replacement . However I would rather verify  if this is : 

1 . An expected ( software glitch/bug) behaivour when using the ARC port for HDMI IN 

2. A hardware fault of the HDMI port 

If it is the latter then I will have to get a replacement , as it's likely the other ports will start flaking out also 

profile.country.GB.title
johayne98

Can Anyone with an ARC port verify they get sound from both sides of the TV 

profile.country.GB.title
johayne98

This was solved after I 'factory reset' the TV