Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with Android Audio

profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Problems with Android Audio

Hi all Members, Having problems with Android Audio, when I select sound through my AV-Receiver I am unable to receive. When I select the sound via the Television speakers there is no problem the audio works properly. I was wondering if there is something in the Menu I should select ????? Hope any member can assist me with my peculiar fault, awaiting your response, thanking you kindly.

Regards :- J Williams

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What brand/model AV Receiver do you have?  Also which cable have you used to connect it to the TV (i.e. HDMI or Optical).  If using HDMI, have you used the HDMI-ARC port on the TV and enabled Bravia Sync?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, thanks for your response, forgot to inform what equipment I have, the Television is Ultra HD / 4K , Model  :- KD-49X8307C, & the AV-Receiver is STR-DN 1040, both Sony machines. Appreciate very much you have answered my query.

Awaiting your response, thanking you Kindly.

Regards :- chinoko1948

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to let you know, I havent forgotten - but its getting late now, so ill look into your issue tomorrow.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, thanks for the info, reference my previous reply I forgot to inform you that I have two cables installed between  my Television  & my Receiver, I have an ARC cable & a Optical cable. I was thinking should I use  Sony Cables rather than other cables ??????.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards :-  chinoko1948

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Without that extra information provided of the HDMI + Optical cable, it would be difficult.  Simply remove the optical cable and it will work as intended :grin:  Just ensure that the HDMI cable goes to the HDMI-ARC port on the TV.

ARC stands for "Audio Return Channel" - therefore audio is sent from the TV to the AV Receiver, but in other occasions, Video is passed through the AV Receiver back to the TV.  Therefore the optical cable simply confuses the TV and AV Receiver as it doesnt know which cable to send audio through.

Give it a test and let me know.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @chinoko1948

Is your HDMI/ARC Enhanced Format Enabled?

Try setting to Standard.

• Press the HOME button on the remote control.
  • Select Settings.
  • Select External inputs in the TV category.
  • Select HDMI signal format and set to Standard

I have an issue with an external DVB-T Tuner that when connected to HDMI as Enhanced Mode, then Sound is lost.

profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Hi there, Thanks for the info, will carry out the change this Weekend coming, will let you know the result.

Once again thankyou.

chinoko1948

profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Thanks for your comment, will try it out this Weekend & get back to you with the result.

Once again thanks. 

chinoko1948

profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Hi Mical1967, just to inform you I did what you requested me to do, but regretfully no luck. I removed the Optical Cable, went to settings & followed your instructions into the standard mode, did not do anything different.

Anyway thanks for your time.

Regards :- chinoko1948