Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with Android Audio

profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Problems with Android Audio

Hi all Members, Having problems with Android Audio, when I select sound through my AV-Receiver I am unable to receive. When I select the sound via the Television speakers there is no problem the audio works properly. I was wondering if there is something in the Menu I should select ????? Hope any member can assist me with my peculiar fault, awaiting your response, thanking you kindly.

Regards :- J Williams

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, just to let you know I carried out your instructions, but regretfully nothing changed, I removed  the  Optical cable, went to settings & selected Standard Mode, still the same.

Anyway thanks for your time,

Regards:-  chinoko1948

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

Have you checked settings on STR manual?

https://docs.sony.com/release/STRDN1040.pdf

Check pages 29 and 86 and also 99, 100, 101

str1.PNG

str2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MiCal1967 - the point im making is that there should NOT be an optical cable from the TV to the AV Reciever, considering the AV Receiver and the TV can handle HDMI-ARC

@chinoko1948 - Did you remember to set the Speakers to "Audio System" when you removed the Optical cable?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@Anonymous

Yes, this seems to be the right solution

profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Hi MiCal1967, thanks for the response, will check all the info you have suggested next Weekend & will come back to you in due course, hope that will be OK.

Regards :- chinoko1948