Join now - be part of our community!

Remote Problems

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ScreenIdol60
Explorer

Remote Problems

My Sony KD49XD8099 remote operates intermittently and erratically even after a factory reset. It is driving me insane. Anyone having similar problems or solutions ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

Strange, I wonder what the difference is between the old remote & the newer ones? I assume whatever the difference is lays at the heart of the problem and is on the TV set? Either that or just a coincidence & the replacement needs resetting or new batteries. Again strange that it seems to work slightly better than the original.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

I had my XD8305 about 2 -3 months before my remote became intermittent, sometimes worked sometimes wouldn't but i just changed the sony supplied batteris with new ones and all became good again.

Hope it works for you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont have this problem - but after initially switching the TV on, the remote controll can take a minute to become useful though.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Budhi108

It is not about batteries. You are reset your remote when remove both baterries and this is a trick. You can back "old" batteries and remote will work just fine

when remote become crazy just remove both batteries and put them back and everything will be fine

profile.country.GB.title
ScreenIdol60
Explorer

Thanks for your input.

Having changed the batteries, reste factory settings etc etc I returned the faulty remote to the shop I bought the TV from and they gave me an old Sony remote to use as a replacement while they ordered a brand new model.

I tried the brand new remote last weekend and found it worked inconsistently, so this may be a design fault.

I will continue using the replacement Sony remote as it works perfectly and I can watch my TV stress free !

profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

What a pain in the backside, I hope you get the issue resolved. Does the shop you purchased the TV have another like device you could try your remotes on, this at least may tell you if it's the remote or the set.

I realise the old remote works on your set but really need to test your remotes on other like set to conclusively prove either way where the problem lies.

Good luck

profile.country.GB.title
ScreenIdol60
Explorer

The staff at the shop tested and proved the original remote was faulty while I tested the new remote which behaved similarly but not quite as bad. The old remote works perfectly so I'm using that instead.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
SpookyZeus

Strange, I wonder what the difference is between the old remote & the newer ones? I assume whatever the difference is lays at the heart of the problem and is on the TV set? Either that or just a coincidence & the replacement needs resetting or new batteries. Again strange that it seems to work slightly better than the original.