Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Dolby Atmos support firmware update

SOLVED
profile.country.NL.title
vasuki.hn
Explorer

Sony Dolby Atmos support firmware update

Hi,

I have Sony KD-55XF9005 and still waiting for Dolby Atmos support firmware update. 

Is anyone here in the community knows when will it be available? 

Thanks in Advance!

P.S.

I have registered my TV online and in the Download section don't see any firmware update for Dolby Atmos. 

I also see 2019 TV models advertisement in Sony website also says firmware will be released later.

29 REPLIES 29
profile.country.AU.title
Sfe316
Explorer

Hi guys,

just bought and setup 75” X95G - no atmos through eARC - any idea when the firmware update will occur?

profile.country.NL.title
vasuki.hn
Explorer

How did you find out no atmos from your TV?

Is your new TV connected to audio system which can deliver atmos?

profile.country.AU.title
Sfe316
Explorer

I definitely have the equipment! I have a dolby atmos amp, all the correct 48g HDMI - it simply must be firmware (well I’m hoping)

For eg if I connect my 4K Apple TV to the the tv then run hdmi back to the amp I don’t get atmos but if I go 4K Apple TV into the amp then out of the amp into the tv I get atmos

profile.country.AU.title
Sfe316
Explorer

Netflix from the tv does Dolby Vision but doesn’t send atmos to the amp via arc 

profile.country.AU.title
Sfe316
Explorer

@Marino.Manolo On my TV (75" X95G 2019), it still doesn't pass through ATMOS via the eARC output.

Tried calling SONY and they are yet to get back to me. This is on Netflix and Apple TV 4k plugged directly to the TV.

profile.country.NL.title
vasuki.hn
Explorer

@Sfe316 : It's strange that Sony is taking too long to release firmware update.

Its more than half year already and still no update. 

profile.country.NL.title
depl0y79
Explorer

I have the XG85 for a couple of months now, but still waiting for the Atmos firmware update. There are still no updates available for this TV 😕

profile.country.NL.title
vasuki.hn
Explorer

Hi depl0y79 New,

Do you have a Netflix 4k subscription? If yes, did you try playing from XG85 a movie/series which has dolby vision and atmos content ? 

profile.country.NL.title
depl0y79
Explorer

Yes, I have the 4K subscription. I tried it using a lot of different apps on the TV itself, none of which gave me Atmos. As soon as I use my Xbox One X I can output Atmos (and Dolby Vision).

profile.country.AU.title
Sfe316
Explorer

Same here @depl0y79 

The Netflix and Disney+ apps downloaded directly on the X950G wont output Dolby Atmos to my amplifier - Yet when i run them through the Apple TV 4K I get Atmos. 

Its a bit of a pain but for now i'm running my apps through the Apple TV 4K.

I spoke to Sony and the lovely (yet unaware) help desk consultant hasn't got back to me.

I've read many articles and even the Sony website saying future firmware updates but still nothing.