Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-75XD9405 smearing

profile.country.DE.title
sindri1980
Explorer

Sony KD-75XD9405 smearing

(Sorry for writing in English but my German is terrible)

I have a very nice 75XD9405 tv that has a severe smearing issue when a dark object moves quickly on a white background and it leaves a black trail.

Lots of users are reporting the same issue in other forums and are having their TVs replaced but I was wondering if those new sets were free of that problem.

Has anyone had their TV replaced successfully? 

Best regards,

Raúl

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Raúl,

Try to disable the noise reductions (usually you don't need them). It is a common behaviour of noise reductions that they create such effects.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.DE.title
sindri1980
Explorer

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have any image enhancement enabled and the tv is also professionally calibrated.

Regards,

Raúl

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sindri1980 - Going to try and find out more information for you.  Will post back when I do.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @sindri1980

Sony has fully investigated this issue and have come up with the following answer.  Unfortunately I can do no more.

Cheers

----

Sony's Response:

Light and dark images on liquid crystal panels are controlled by changing the direction of the
liquid crystal molecules within an electrical field. It takes a specific amount of time to change the
direction of the liquid crystal molecules, and the time varies depending on the technology of each
liquid crystal panel.

Unfortunately, video smearing can be observed on some liquid crystal panels that display fast
moving scenes, but it is not a technical failure. The response time is unlikely to improve with this
model, because it depends on the size of the liquid crystal molecules and also the manufacturing
technology/process.