Join now - be part of our community!

sony kd43xg8096 problem

profile.country.GB.title
dadicani
Explorer

sony kd43xg8096 problem

I have a new one sony kd55xg8096 .Why some basic options are unavailable is in the gray area.And these are :satelite programme list edit(gray zone).
programme list transfer(gray zone)and therefore cannot edit or transfer the channel list .

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In order to transfer the program list and edit via the Sony Channel Editor app you have to insert a usb stick in a television socket: did you do it?

profile.country.GB.title
dadicani
Explorer

But there is not even the first option that has nothing to do with usb

satellite programme list edit

profile.country.GB.title
dadicani
Explorer

I tried resetting to factory options and then it was fine,but after doing the list to my liking then those options were lost again.

profile.country.GB.title
dadicani
Explorer

What no one knows.Where the experts are!!!!

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Do you think this a shop for expert? Or are you aware that this is a user community only?
profile.country.GB.title
spannerzone

First thing worth asking - The satellite receiver (and USB recording) options are not available if YouView is enabled, this bizaare situation affects a number of Sony Android TVs in the UK.

Do you have YouView enabled? (when you watch regular freeview TV via a roof top antenna does the TV guide show Youview black/blue branding.

To use  satellite and USB recording, YouView must be disabled which has the added annoyance that I think ITV and CH4 'all 4' streaming services are no longer accessible in the 'Sony select' players.... BBC i player is still available though.

This rather critical and utterly stupid software design gets a tiny mention in the bottom of the specs on Sony's UK website.

More info here: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/recording-unavailable-in-youview-mode/td-p/2159139

Apologies if this is not your issue but it does catch many people out.

profile.country.GB.title
dadicani
Explorer

This only applies to satellite editing not terrestrial,terrestrial it,s ok.

profile.country.GB.title
spannerzone

OK, so you're trying to edit satellite channels, can you sucessfully tune in any satellite channels?

profile.country.GB.title
dadicani
Explorer

Yes but the problem is they i can't edit the channel,because what has access is in the white zone and what is not in the gray zone.Programe satellites edit gray area.