Join now - be part of our community!

Subtitles

profile.country.GB.title
ManosPer
Explorer

Subtitles

Hi. Does anyone knows where to put the subtitles srt file when real time streaming in sony dtv osat video preinstalled app?

I am asking because I use third party apps to found movies, but I opened using Sony dtv osat video app, because it's support 3d and DD.

But I have this problem with the subs. 

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Since the video app in streaming is working only via dlna and dlna does not support external subtitle file your only option is to look is your dlna server is capable of inserting it dynamically in the video stream (serviio could for example) or encoding the subtitles by yourself in the video container

profile.country.GB.title
ManosPer
Explorer

I am not using any dlna server .I just open torrents in Sony video app. I am using Stremio app to found movies and I open with Sony video app because it's support Dolby digital 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not even want to wonder what you are streaming since it could be against the community rules and the law. In any case it is the same case: it is the source that gives the stream and related subtitles you cannot add anything.
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not even want to wonder what you are streaming since it could be against the community rules and the law. In any case it is the same case: it is the source that gives the stream and related subtitles you cannot add anything.
profile.country.NL.title
hija31

Why don't you use VLC ?

It supports DD and you can add subs.

profile.country.GB.title
ManosPer
Explorer

Sony HT-RT 3 has a button which is displaying the output stream. When I am using VLC it's says LPCM no DD. Basically all android app streaming in LPCM except Sony video built in app which output in DD. But there I have problem with subs!