Join now - be part of our community!

White cloud in centre

profile.country.GB.title
Addy240781
Explorer

White cloud in centre

Hi everyone.  I have just bought a sony KDL- 65W855C,

I have just got the TV today and its working great and the andriod system and apps are all working fine.  Only problem i seem to be having is when the screen is black.  The appears to be around a 12in grey/white clouding to the centre of the screen.  I cant see it any other time other than when a menu screen is fully black or a app screen or game screen is fully black?  Is this a fault with the TV or is this normal??

Any help or support would be appreciated?  this is my first ever sony TV.  I have always had Philips TV's before and i have never had this problem with them.

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have a read through this article, as it explains things well.  It also provides a couple of ways to help.

http://uk.rtings.com/tv/tests/picture-quality/black-uniformity-clouding-flashlighting

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Addy240781
Explorer

Hi thanks for the reply.

Yeah the article helped a lot thanks.  I just worry that maybe its not great to have such a large clouding right in the centre of the screen.  Its 1 day old and it cost me £1400, thats a lot of monry to pay for a TV with a screen problme thats noticeable on day 1.

When watching normal coloured screens i cant see it at all and the picture is great.  however when its a dark scene or black background its easily nitced.  

The TV was laid on its side today for about 1 hour while the TV installation guy fit all the brackets to it and installed it onto my wall.  Could it be that and it will slowly fade away do you think??

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

No I dont think its the installation guy - its basically the nature of LCD/LED technology.  Some panels are better/worse than others.

Only you can judge whether its ok or not acceptable.  As I havent seen a picture, its hard for me to judge - but ultimately you are the paying customer therefore if its not acceptable I would contact the retailer you purchased it from and get them to arrange an exchange TV. 

As its installed on the wall, it does make things a little bit more difficult.  But its not everyday that you spend a large amount of money on a TV - which in most cases you will be keeping/viewing for few years at least.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Addy240781
Explorer

Hi 

Thanks again for your help.

Yes i spent this kind of money because i planned on keeping it for many years and i am an avid film watcher and love my horror films.............. so lots of dark scenes and screens and it's not going to be great to have this cloud there all of the time.

I will contact my retialert tomorrow and take some action from there. I just worry that they excahnge it and the same problem occurs with the next one.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're Welcome :slight_smile:

Ive heard some people across a range of different brands swap the TV a few times until they are happy with the set! 

Please post back on how things go anyhow.

Cheers