Join now - be part of our community!

43XD8305 Opinions

Ev1ldead72
Explorer

43XD8305 Opinions

Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing the SONY BRAVIA KD43XD8305BU , does anyone have this tv who could offer some opinions on it, I've looked on google but can't find any reviews, I'm basically looking for a 43 inch tv that's good for HDR gaming for use with PS4 pro and Xbox one s  , can you use game mode and HDR together and how is the input lag? Is it an IPS or VA panel ? and have the issues with the juddering with sky q now been fixed ? 

Any advice would be much appreciated 🙂

Regards Nat

23 REPLIES 23
Ev1ldead72
Explorer

Is their anyone who has this tv ? *lol*

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry that no one has responded.  I have seen a few people on these forums have this model and was hoping that they would post.

I have the KD-55XD8577 TV which I find good - hey its an IPS panel :slight_smile:  Unfortunately, I dont know what panel this model is, but a good page for specifications is:

http://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/813d634

In regards to HDR, it does increase the lag somewhat unfortunately, I cant tell you how much by because I simply do not know. 

If you are still unsure on purchasing, why not go to a retailers and get a demonstration yourself.  Also, retailers like John Lewis offer a good returns policy if you are unhappy - but speak to them about it.

In regards to the issue of Sky Q Juddering, Sony released a new firmware update a couple of weeks ago - for some it was resolved, for others it didnt, but believe the symptoms was reduced for many.  It is still under investigation, but I am confident that a full fix will be released in due coarse.

Cheers

Ev1ldead72
Explorer

Hi, 

Thanks for taking the time to reply much appreciated 🙂 

I'm actually going to go to currys this afternoon to view the TV , unfortunately it would seem the XD8305 is only being sold at currys and pc world , as I would have preferred to buy from John Lewis purely because they are fantastic at returns. 

They have the 8077/8099 series but I'd prefer the 8305 for the 800 hz motion as in theory it should be better.

It seems HDR gaming and choosing a TV is a bit of a minefield at the moment when it comes to lag when it is enabled . I would have waited until next year to purchase a TV alas I'm without one at the moment so need to buy asap.

It's good to know the juddering has been fixed to some extent and they are still working on making it better.👍🏻

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Let us know how you get on anyway, and im curious on what you think about the TV (on first impressions anyway).

Cheers

Ev1ldead72
Explorer

Well went to currys to look at the 43 inch model and they didn't have it out on display to view only the 49 inch, it looks a nice TV, not sure if the 43 inch will have the same panel and the sales assistant didn't seem to know, what didn't help was directly next to it was a 55LGB6 oled which was superior in every way, still trying to convince my wife an oled is the way to go, though the £2299 price isn't swaying her *lol*  So more than likely will go for the Sony , and I'll let you know my impressions and how good it is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya

If its a matter of convincing your wife, how about the KD-100ZD9 :grin:

KD-100ZD9.jpg

Thanks for the update however, was curious on how you got on.

Ev1ldead72
Explorer

Oh wow , would definitely end up being divorced if I showed her that *lol* 

It did seem a nice TV.. and as soon as the funds clear in my bank I'll order the smaller model and update you as to how I'm finding it 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think my bank would close my account if i tried to order that one :slight_smile:

Cool, good luck with everything.

Ev1ldead72
Explorer

Hi,

my 43XD8305 arrived today 🙂 Could anyone recommend some picture settings to calibrate it? I'm not really familiar with Sony TVs 

thanks in advance.