Join now - be part of our community!

Awful Customer Support From Sony & Poor Quality Product

mdorgan
Explorer

Awful Customer Support From Sony & Poor Quality Product

I bought a Sony BDV-N590 Blu-Ray/AV System on Dec. 26th 2013, 18 months later it stopped working, unit powers up, displays TV, then display and front light begins flashing, then unit shuts down. I contacted Sony support for help and they gave me the name of my local Sony service center to have unit repaired. I took it there on July 29th and they had it for 4 months before telling me the problem is with the system software and Sony was unable to supply the software for it!!! The gave it back to me unrepaired, and told me to contact Sony again, I emailed Sony support and got no reply, so rang the support phone number and explained my plight to a Sony rep. who told me he couldn't help me as I couldn't access unit menus on the TV and gave me a number of a different repair center. I rang the number he gave me and it was a place in London!!!, even though I explained I live in Ireland!!! I originally spent €460 along with €1,500 for a Sony TV, thinking that Sony was a company with a good reputation for quality and service. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I now have five obsolete speakers attached to my walls and a Blu-Ray collection I cannot watch! This is not the level of service I expected from Sony. I’m at a loss as to how I should now proceed, If I ring Sony help line, I will be told to take it to the Service Centre, and if I take it back to the m, I know they will tell me to contact Sony! I really feel I’m getting the runaround. I think that having paid €470 for an AV System, I should expect more than 18 months service from it, and Sony should be doing more to prove that this isn’t typical of the quality of their products. I have always previously tended to pay extra to buy Sony products as I thought that they had a good reputation for quality and service (I have 2 Sony TVs, a Sony Tablet, and a PS4), but this experience has left me extremely disappointed. I am looking to buy a new smartphone in the new year and was interested in the Sony Z5, but I would be extremely reluctant to buy any Sony products in future after this experience.

0 REPLIES 0