BT Sport on Freeview - Free tomorrow for launch night

Anonymous
Not applicable

BT Sport on Freeview - Free tomorrow for launch night

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Thanks for letting us know! I had no idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No probs - Thats why I was speading the word, typical BT leaving everything to the last minute again !

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Curses! We can't get freeview in our area. :cry:

profile.country.en_GB.title
jimco999

channel 58/59 but scamble im a bt customer how do i get in?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im sure this question is going to be asked many times. 

You cannot use the BT Sports Channels (scrambled) though your TV's tuner or otherwise.  You must use BT TV (YouView and BT Vision+ boxes).  The channels are merely placeholders on Freeview to use via BT's Vision+ box (BT's YouView I believe its streamed over the internet with the BT infinitey package)

See : How to get BT Sport

#Note: Reason why it worked 01/08/2013 is because BT allowed the channel to be unscrambled (a marketing exercise)

Cheers

** This also to me raises an interesting debat on private enterprises having placeholder channels on a public DTT (freeview) to use on their own equipment. 

Catmambo
Contributor

I've slowly come around to BT Sport. Originally I thought it would be shocking, but fair play, they have put some good cash behind it and marketed fairly well, so be good to see how it plays out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont get me wrong though, anything to get rid of the Sky monopoly is a good thing.  Whether BT stumps up the cash next time round though, remains to be seen.  What worries me, is exclusitivity on one platform only.  Needs to be fully open on all paytv platforms (BT > Virgin). 

Unfortunately I dont have Sky or BT to watch the channels (I barely have Freeview HD channels at the moment, but thats a different story).  But did enjoy the T20 Carribean match late last night :slight_smile:

Oh and while Im on the subject of Sports>Cricket.  Hurray for the Aussies, finally making a game of it.

Catmambo
Contributor

Yes its good to have competiton for sure, whether it would ever be fully unbundled though I don't know. In't the current sky deal with the premier league worth £3bn over 3 years or something. The value is insane and pushes prices up for fans at the gate. There is also the delicicious irony that people hate the idea of a banker getting a £2m a year salary, but hey Bale is apparently worth £100m and  £100k a week salaries are totally ok in football.

I'm not a huge fan of football to be honest mainly for the wobbly scruples, poor sporting conduct and even occassional homophic & racist elements that real their ugly heads every now and then.

Indeed good that Oz have finally put on some runs. Clarke had a great bat. Trott has been terrible this test, really hope they drop him for the next one...

jimco999

i have got the bt sport app on my pc all ok, i have to sign in as a bt customer.

What i would like this app on my smart tv or bluray player both sonys.

Jimco