Join now - be part of our community!

BT Sport on Freeview - Free tomorrow for launch night

Anonymous
Not applicable

BT Sport on Freeview - Free tomorrow for launch night

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like a sports app, where-as I can pay to watch individual teams.

As an example:

My Dad follows Coventry City in the football.  Why not an app where he can pay on a monthly/seasonal subscription to watch all the games live.  Sky and other providers are only interested in the premier league - what about the rest of the teams !

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Money is at the root of everything.

I'm guessing they have already crunched the numbers and worked out they can

make more money in other ways 😞

My condolences regarding supporting Coventry (on many levels hehe)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jumpsuit wrote:

My condolences regarding supporting Coventry (on many levels hehe)

I give my dad enough stick on that too :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

I'm not a big fan of the score graphic being on the bottom of the screen. Sky tried that but had to revert back. Or the video box that pops up all the time during play. :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
huxley123

I don't suppose there's much chance of Sony adding a BT Sport app to the Bravia menu.

I thought not.

AlecJS
Explorer

If we insist and show interest we might get it - eventually. I don't, but perhaps others could try using the social networks to add the pressure?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlecJS wrote:

If we insist and show interest we might get it - eventually. I don't, but perhaps others could try using the social networks to add the pressure?

You would be best adding pressure to BT, not Sony.  Unfortunately I can not see a reason why BT would want to add an application to a TV - they would rather lock you into their closed subscription based eco-system in a tripple or quad package (ie Phone, Internet, YouView). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the Rugby fans

BT Sport is having a second free evening on Freeview (Channel 57) tomorrow (Friday 13th).  From 7pm to 10pm showing Harlequins vs Saints

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reposting the following from : http://www.a516digital.com/2013/10/bt-sport-goes-free-this-october.html

"BT Sport goes free this October

BT Sport will be available for free during the weeks of the 7th and 14th October on Freeview channel 57 as part of the broadcaster's "Open October".

Freeviewers will be able to sample content from BT Sport, including The Claire Balding Show from 7pm Monday-Friday.

Then on the weekend of the 26th and 27th October, BT Sport 1,2 and ESPN will air free to view on Sky, BT TV and Virgin Media."