Join now - be part of our community!

Cash Back -- pitiful service

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dougglading
Visitor

Cash Back -- pitiful service

Oh why does it take so long to do a simple thing like provide the cash-back advertised.

On Sep 5th I put in the forms for the £30 cash-back on a WX7.  Would have thought it a simple job to process and return a cheque.

Nearly 4 weeks later I get a letter from Sony saying my claim had been processed but  they having 'unexpected delays in despatching the cheque'.  And Nothing  received yet.

Still no cheque.  If they were a small little outfit this might happen, eg because the guy who signs cheques was on holiday.  But a major company like Sony should be able to carry out a marketing promotion by now?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dougglading,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I states in point 11 of the T&C's..

Please allow 28 days for receipt of your cheque. Should your cheque not arrive, or should there be a problem with your cheque on receipt please call the hotline on: 01379 649499.

Not much we can do on the user forum, so I would suggest best option may be to contact Sony on the above number..

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dougglading,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I states in point 11 of the T&C's..

Please allow 28 days for receipt of your cheque. Should your cheque not arrive, or should there be a problem with your cheque on receipt please call the hotline on: 01379 649499.

Not much we can do on the user forum, so I would suggest best option may be to contact Sony on the above number..

-Soup-
Visitor

Thank you for posting on the Sony Forum.

In an effort to give a quick and correct answer to your question, one of the forums experts has escalated your post to our Technical Support team, who will provide them with the information required as quickly as possible.

You can expect one of the forum experts to get back to you with the answer very soon.

Best regards

The Sony Massive

dougglading
Visitor

It's now 2 months since I put in a cashback claim to Sony.   Surely the guy who signs cheques must be back from holiday?

Seriously -  this is not what one expects from a major brand.

I had a letter after a month - if the 'system' can generate a letter, why couldn't it append a machine-printed cheque.  Don't understand.

sport53uk
Visitor

My application for a £40 cash back was received on the 27th Sept by recorded delivery,I then received a letter from Sony Europe Ltd PO Box 100,Diss dated 21st Oct apologising for the delay due to processing problems please note this address and telephone number 01379 649499 IS NOT SONY it is a company called Diss Promotional Services, I phoned them on the 2nd November they told me that the cheque would be posted in 5/7 days,as I have worked in advertising so I did ask the question are you a promotional service acting for Sony?? reply no we are Sony,I phoned again the same day as I did not beleive this was Sony this time my cheque will be in the post 7/14 days time and no we are not Sony we are Diss Promotional Services.

On the Sony claim form it states payment will be sent 28 days on receipt of claim form,the cheque is now overdue and is in breach of contract. I have now reported my case to Trading Standards so should anyone else that has the same problem as Sony have been offering cash back for a few years now and the promotion is still current

hklondon
Visitor

Mine arrived after two months.

Message was edited by: hklondon

Message was edited by: hklondon

dougglading
Visitor

Ole.  A cheque has arrived - after 10 weeks.

In the meanwhile I have bought a new laptop - thought about Sony but this poor performance of Sony  pushed me elsewhere (to Samsung)

I hope folk from Sony do read this forum, and pass customer reaction to the right place within Sony.

MattySD
Explorer

I'm not too keen on cashback and rebates altogether - they are very prevelent in the US and both manufacturers and retaillers of all kinds make you jump through hoops and often drag their feet on sending them to you.  I bought a Toshiba laptop with a rebate a few years ago and they took about four months to send it to me!

scdelam
New

I have not even got as far as having my claim accepted.  I purchased a new CSC, Zeiss lens and lens adapter, all with cashback totalling hundreds of pounds.

All I receive in response is standardised cryptic e-mails advising that my proof of purchase is invalid.  The scans are clear, show the amount tendered, name of the vendor, date and time, and product details including product ID.

This has now bounced back-and-forth at least three times and my request to raise as a complaint has gone unanswered, as has my request for a specific reason for the rejection and for someone to call me.

I suggest this "offer" is nothing more than a tedious puzzle to discourage customers from continuing with their claims, allowing Sony to realise a significant margin increase.

I am severly disappointed with Sony after being a loyal Sony camera user for 7+ years.

I shall continue with my pursuit of my money and reconsider my equipment provider in future.

misamson
Explorer

Hello, Me along with my friends and family are also having problem getting Cashback.  Looks like a Scam according to my Friends and Family. Sony has increased there sales due to this Cashback offer but they are not honoring it just giving lame excuses i.e invalid receipt or invoice. Hope they realise before they start to loose Customers due to bad publicity.