Join now - be part of our community!

Cash back VISA card declined!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Rezavaziri
Visitor

Cash back VISA card declined!

Hi,

Can any one please let me know if their cash back prepaid VISA has been declined while trying to buy goods with it?

I have had the card for few months. The card is still valid until 11/2012, however the card reader declined the transaction despite accepting the PIN number.

It's £50 and I don't want to think that I have lost this amount because Sony Centre is now bankrupt!

Thank you,

Reza

4 REPLIES 4
warriorfullight
Visitor

First off. Contact your bank regarding this transaction for you to know if it has been successful on their end and not on Sony. Otherwise, try again.

chas49mk
Visitor

I've had exactly the same issue.   Must look out details of who to contact I suppose.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be great to hear them

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi chas49mk and welcome.

I doubt that Sony will have any details of the Visa account.  I think you need to contact Visa.

Was there a contact number on the letter that came with the card?

:thinking:

chas49mk
Visitor

I may have an answer now (for the OP as well hopefully).

I found a web address on the back of the card - and registered for online access to the card.  When I looked at the balance and transactions, I see that a £2 maintenance fee was deducted at the end of June. So trying to spend £50 was declined.  I need to wait seven days now so that the £1 pending authorisation disappears and then use it online to buy an Amazon Gift card (hopefully)

If you need to phone up about thic card - it's managed by Citibank - 0203 0271854

Message was edited by: chas49mk