Join now - be part of our community!

How can I update the email address associated with my "My Sony" account.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
secret_seagull
New

How can I update the email address associated with my "My Sony" account.

On the "My Sony" menu, under "My Account", it states ..

"If you haven't filled in all of your details yet, don't worry. It's simple, quick and secure. You can also change here your My Sony email address and password."

However, I can't find anywhere under my account details where I can change the email address.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi secret_seagull,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Try this..

Open the My Sony web page via the My Sony tab at the top of this page or using the following link - My Sony

Once the page loads sign in using your current email address & password..

Once signed in select the Account tab..

Scroll down the page & you should see a section Change your email address

Type your new email address into box that currently displays your current email address..

Then enter your current My Sony password into the box below..

To finish the process click on Change email..

Hopefully you should see a box appear just above your Account details stating Action Successful - Your email address has been successfully updated..:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi secret_seagull,

Try this..

Open the My Sony web page via the My Sony tab at the top of this page or using the following link - My Sony

Once the page loads sign in using your current email address & password..

Once signed in select the Account tab..

Scroll down the page & you should see a section Change your email address

Type your new email address into box that currently displays your current email address..

Then enter your current My Sony password into the box below..

To finish the process click on Change email..

Hopefully you should see a box appear just above your Account details stating Action Successful - Your email address has been successfully updated..:smileyhappy:

secret_seagull
New

If only it were so simple .. There is no "Change your email address" option. I can change name, address, password etc., but not email address.

I suspect this may be because it's linked to Staff Sales. I'll call the Staff Sales office.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

secret_seagull wrote:

I suspect this may be because it's linked to Staff Sales. I'll call the Staff Sales office.

Hmm possibly, the change an email address option is definitely available on my My Sony page..:smileyconfused:

bmagill
Visitor

I have the change your emal address option but every time I change it to my new email address it keeps coming back with my old email address. I'm unable to find any customer support to contact about this. For a company involved in communication it seems impossible to find somewhere you can email customer support about general queries

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

bmagill wrote:

I have the change your emal address option but every time I change it to my new email address it keeps coming back with my old email address.

Hi bmagill,

Did you enter you new email address & then type your current password before clicking on Change Email.:smileyconfused: