Join now - be part of our community!

My local dealer closed soon after I bought a Sony TV

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
markyle61
Visitor

My local dealer closed soon after I bought a Sony TV

I bought a Sony TV a couple of months ago, but recently found my independent dealer had closed - unexpectedly and unannounced. Their other stores in the chain also appear to have closed, with the exception of one which is some distance away (about 35 miles). One of the main reasons for purchasing from this dealer was because they were local and would be accessible should there be a problem with the TV.

It would have been a courtesy for the dealer to inform their customers of the change in circumstances, either via their website or the local press. However, there has been no such communication, so I cannot be alone in this predicament. 

I have the Sony guarantee but, if there is a problem, the first organsiation to contact would normally be the local dealer. It is a very good television and hopefully there will not be a problem, but can anyone advise what to do in this situation? Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi markyle61,

If you have not already registered your TV with Sony Support I suggest that you do so by hovering the cursor over the ‘Support’ tab at the top of this page and clicking ‘Register your product’. This will ease the process should anything go wrong.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi markyle61,

If you have not already registered your TV with Sony Support I suggest that you do so by hovering the cursor over the ‘Support’ tab at the top of this page and clicking ‘Register your product’. This will ease the process should anything go wrong.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
markyle61
Visitor

Thank you for the advice. I have done as you advised.