Join now - be part of our community!

New series on Netflix: Orange is the New Black

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

New series on Netflix: Orange is the New Black

ONB_Horizontal_Post-launch_Key-Art.jpg

Have you heard about the new series Orange is the New Black? It's the latest Netflix Original Series and it comes from "Weeds" creator Jenji Kohan.  

It's a dark comedy series based on the acclaimed memoir of the same name about engaged Piper Chapman, whose decade-old relationship with drug-runner Alex results in her arrest and year-long detention in a federal penitentiary.  

You can watch it now on your Netflix enabled Sony Entertainment Network BRAVIA, Blu-ray player or PlayStation 3.

I watched the first episode last night. The jokes are subtle and it's quite weird, but i liked it. Episodes last about 50 minutes. Have a watch and let the rest of the Community know what you think.

Do you have any other Netflix recommendations? 

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drewde wrote:

Do you have any other Netflix recommendations? 

I really enjoyed the 13 part political drama called House Of Cards with Kevin Spacey for a Netflix original series.

Other recommendations are:

• Prison Break
  • Lost
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • All the Star-Treks

And if you have LoveFilm - The Australian real life crime drama called Underbelly (and its a true too)

And if Im allowed to say this here - fully recommend taking out a subscription to unblock-us, and access the US Netflix.  There are loads to watch.

Unfortunatley, I have just cancelled my subscription to Netflix and LoveFilm (ive been with Netflix since the start, and LoveFilm for a good couple of years) - And are playing heaps of games on my PS3, via the PS Plus subscription !!

Cheers.

Nadine1325

Orange is the New Black sounds fantastic! It seems like it'll be like the hidden years in Weeds when Nancy Botwin was in prison, lol.

I'm currently working and studying so dn't have much time for tv, but I manage to sneak in Modern Family almost every day (I am so the best student ever, lol). It's funny, quirky and oddly seems to mirror real life! To those who haven't seen it, it's the life of an extended family and it's very funny.

Other than that, I'm just watching new Dexter and new Supernatural when I can squeeze them in.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Supernatural and Dexter are great!

I also loved American Horror Story Series 1 and 2 although its really not for the faint hearted :anguished:

(no idea if its on netflix)

Nowadays there are so many good shows its hard to keep up with them all. People have recommended Breaking Bad and Hannibal to me too.

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Breaking Bad is the show I've been told to watch by about every person I know. Still haven't got around to it. 

Supernatural, Lost and Modern Family are great. Prison Break went downhill very fast. The final season of Dexter is something i need to catch up on.

I just cancelled my sub to LoveFilm too. But only because they stopped their game rentals. 😞

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Saw the news yesterday about the new season of Breaking Bad?

http://thenextweb.com/uk/2013/07/26/breaking-bad-finale-coming-exclusively-to-netflix-in-uk-and-irel...

Good news!! And its a Sony Pictures asset...

profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

I rate Hannibal, has that slightly alternative Six Feet Under vibe mixed with a bit of Twin Peaks to keep things interesting. Mads Mikkelsen is fantastic in the lead role. Worth a look. Aside from that, I am utterly hooked on Mad Men, just about my fav TV show ever.
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

My wife has asked me to mention The Vampire Diaries.

Its definatley more for the ladies - I don't watch it at all, honest, erm, well I may have accidentally watched every series so far and possibly enjoyed it :nauseated_face:

wonder why she likes it....

Vampire Diaries SEASON 2.jpg

And how could any of us Brits not mention The Inbetweeners? I have cried laughing watching that. :laughing:

Mind you don't start me off about British comedy, the Carry on Films are still classics :trophy:

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

It doesn't get much better than Only Fools and Horses. :thumbsup:

I don't watch Vampire Diaries but i do watch True Blood. Some sort of thing it looks like...

It sounds like they are making an Inbetweeners 2 after all. 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I nearly spat my tea out during the first episode of True Blood lol.

Its a little racier than I was expecting. Made it to season 3 then lost touch with it for some reason.

British comedy? Dad's Army, Are You Being Served, and even Q9 still make me howl. (Milligan was a genius)

The Young Ones was hysterical in the 80's. I couldn't believe I watched them again recently and didn't laugh much at all 😞