Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone connected BDV-E780W speakers to STR-DH820 AV receiver?

profile.country.en_GB.title
mcheunguk
Visitor

Anyone connected BDV-E780W speakers to STR-DH820 AV receiver?

I wonder if anyone can help. I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to AV receivers.

I have recently purchased the Multi Channel AV Receiver STR-DH820  to obtain better quality of sound for  our Sony TV and Wii console. :slight_smile:

I have bought some audio cables to connect the packaged speakers from the Blu-ray Disc 5.1 Home Cinema BDV-E780W but have encountered a problem when I get to the sub-woofer cable.

I noticed that the AV STR-DH820 requires the connection from the woofer to the Subwoofer connector which uses the Monaural audio cord. :neutral:

Has anyone been able to get any cable which connects from the speakers to the AV receiver?

This is the only item that I am having problem in getting.

It would be a huge shame if I cannot get a cable that would fit else the receiver is going back to the shop. :slight_frown:

Thanks all.

Message was edited by: mcheunguk

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i would suspect that the sub woofer will not work with this Amp as it requires an active sub and not a passive one which is what i believe came with the BDV-E780.

also its a little unclear at this point as to whether your still using the main drive unit of the BDV if this is the case then i believe this also will not work.

if indeed you are using a separate player and the speakers from the BDV then all you would need is an Active sub and a sub woofer cable to connect to your new Amp, which by the way is a beautiful Amp.

mcheunguk
Visitor

Thanks Bravia55HX923,

That is helpful but at the same time bad news for me as it means spending more money on a new sub woofer which I had not anticipated for. :neutral:

I can confirm that I am not using the Blu-ray drive unit to run the sub woofer as I undestood from the store that this would not work anyway as I need to use the Amp to run everything from.

Can you recommend a good active sub that will work? :slight_smile:

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

there are so many to choose from and the best thing you can do is search online, maybe a retailer such as Richer Sounds or Amazon will give you an idea.