Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S185 bluray Netflix update issue

profile.country.en_GB.title
RadiantDuck88
Explorer

BDP-S185 bluray Netflix update issue

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help me.

I just got a video channel update thing on my BDP-S185 bluray player and finally netflix has arrived!

I open the channel but i go to a page labelled vudu, It claims that its the world's largest HD library etc, but its not netflix, inspite of the netflix name and logo on the start page. It then comes up with a connection failed error due to 'query from unknown country: gbr' error.

If anyone can help with this I'd really appreciate it as watching netflix through the bluray player would be much more convienient than hooking up my laptop every time.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
slobjunkie
Visitor

Hi RadiantDuck88,

I've just this moment updated the list, and I too am having the same issue with the Netflix app, I thought

"Finally its here on" and I get this Vudu page launching and location error.

I've Tweeted SonyUK to see if they'll bite.

I don't know if it's related but it was making my player hang when I tried playing my Aliens Blu-Ray for the first time.

Have you had any luck yourself?

RadiantDuck88
Explorer

Hey slobjunkie

No luck as of yet, I'm hoping that Sony will realise the issue and fix it. If it's still the same after a day or two I'll bother Sony some more! I hope you get it sorted too, will make our devices infinitely better!

slobjunkie
Visitor

Agree, I grudged paying for an xbox live gold account just to access my netflix.  So I hope it's sorted soon

RadiantDuck88
Explorer

So annoyed right now, Sony's solution to fix the netflix channel is to remove it completely. On my player it vanished after I just turned it back on and tried to select it. I really hope that Sony have removed it so they can fix it and then return it. Otherwise I can't believe how stupid sony are being at the moment! Made me think for a second they actually were going to give me something awesome instead of loads of useless channels!

Give us Netflix!!

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

I have just compiled a NEtflix FAQ which will hopefully clarify things. Unfortunately the S185 is not compatible with Netflix and the reason it appeared is likely down to an ISP/Geofiltering glitch.

In the FAQ I've explained why its not compatible and why it can't be backported and whilst I appreciate its probably not the answer you are looking for, I hope it offers a bit of clarity

Thanks

slobjunkie
Visitor

Oh well, that sucks.  looks like ill have to look for a player that can handle netflix, and it might not be a sony

thanks for nothing sony