Join now - be part of our community!

HDT500 Poor quality channels

profile.country.en_GB.title
ShadyDave
Visitor

HDT500 Poor quality channels

We have a HDT500 HDD recorder and all was well until a short while ago.

The signal quality for some of the basic channels is so weak its unable to display the channel, this is affecting ITV1, Channel4, Channel5, ITV2, more4, E4, etc etc...for some reason BBC channels are unaffected.

Even more strange is these channels are available on channel numbers 803 and above with perfect quality.

Because of this I can only assume the HDD recorder is set for a different region, even though when I do a full scan I set the region correctly.

I have checked for firmware updates and none available so I can assume I'm running the latest version.

Any help is appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
SteveRu
New

Did you ever find out what's going on here? The same thing has happened to mine - it worked perfectly when I got it, but now the signal quality of many channels is down to 50% or so. That's OK for SD channels, but HD channels break up quite badly some times. Signal strength is always in the high 90s%.

Fed from the same aerial, my Sony Bravia TV has no such problems. When the HDT500 is reporting signal quality of 50%, the TV reports 90%+. Very strange.

Steve.

Message was edited by: steverumsby

Emma1951
Visitor

We have a Sony HD recorder SVR500B.We bought it in August 2012 and apart from being really slow starting up, it has been ok.

We retuned a few days ago because an alert asked us to and then, next day when we started it up, all the channels were gone except those numbered 800 and above. We can recover the channels if we rescan but, if we turn it off overnight and turn it on again the next morning the channels are gone again.

We have tried using the reset button on the front which other people suggest but the problem is still there. I have just done a complete rescan and am waiting to find out if that helps.

I know lots of people will say it is our aerial but all the channels are fine when we have them! Our TV upsatirs is ok.

The odd thing is that there wasn't a region for me to ok when I did the rescan. All the region options said 'none specified'. I live in the Dover area and wonder if this is a problem with the broadcast ?

Any ideas ?

Emma1951
Visitor

I found a full rescan sorted it all out. Worth a try.