Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Blu ray S780

profile.country.en_GB.title
mageorg2968
New

Sony Blu ray S780

Hi All,

I am having a strange problem with my Sony Blu ray player Sony BDP S780. When I play any Blu ray or DVD disc in my Blu ray player, my Sony Bravia Television NX switches off and restarts on its own. The Blu ray player continues to play the movie without any interrruption. As the TV switches off and switches on automatically, I miss part of the movie. There would be atleast 40 interruptions during a movie.

My Sony Bravia TV functions normally without any interruptions while watching sports or news or any other programmes. The interruptions happens only when it is connected to a Blu ray player. I wonder whether it is due to some functions in the Blu ray which is causing the Television to switch off and switch on. I am aware that the Sony BDP S780 has 3D capabilities. I wonder whether it is due to some 3D function on th Blu ray player that is causing this (Auto Refresh or something like that). So far I am unable to identify the cause for this.

I have to tried to get this resolved over the past year without any suceess. If anyone knows how to resolve this problem or has successfully resolved such a problem, please let me know at the earliest.

Many thanks in advance

George

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the BDP=S780 is a very capable player and its unlikely to be anything to do with 3D thats causing your issue, i would suspect its down to HDMI either the cable or switching capability as the tv is fine with normal channels,

i suggest you try another HDMI cable preferably the latest spec one such as the excellent one in the link below, if that does not cure it then another thing you could try is another player this would tell you whether its a fault with the player or the HDMI ports within the tv.

let us know how you get on.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PRO-GOLD-1-4a-HDMI-COMPATIBLE/dp/B002U38E9O/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=135088986...