Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 playback problem

profile.country.GB.title
jmcknit
Explorer

SVR-HDT500 playback problem

Recently bought.  I have a SVR-HDT500 recorder linked to a KDL-32HX753 TV with HDMI cables.

I generally watch TV and iplayer from the TV and do not 'turn on' the recorder.  I switch on the recorder to record programs - these are recorded sucessfully.  Several times (not every time) when using the SVR for viewing recordings the picture is jerky and often blacks out for 15-30 secs and comes back again. I change HDMI ports or turn off the SVR and back again.  After this, the playback of the entire recording is perfect.  I think I can rule out a problem with HDMI ports (I have tested the ports) and recording onto the SVR-HDT500.  But is this a known playback problem?? 

My opinion... I haven't bought a recorder/TV for years and am aware that my TV and recorder are more like computers than plain old tellys.  Therefore am I not allowing the SVR to 'boot up' sufficiently before I press the title list and item - I have noticed the white flashing light on the front flashes for sometime before becoming a still light??  Maybe I am too quick at pressing buttons! I note that I sometimes click on 'title list' and it shows I have no programmes recorded - the list does take a short while to 'populate'.

Many thanks for any help. 

Tags (1)
0 REPLIES 0