Join now - be part of our community!

Notification sounds not working

SOLVED
magpiemariner
Visitor

Notification sounds not working

My wife's phone is not making sounds when SMS etc received, nor is it showing the icon in the notification bar. I have gone through all the settings I could find and made sure a sound is selected & the proper boxes are ticked; I copied from the settings on my phone, also an Xperia SP bought at the same time as hers. Mine works fine, hers does not. The SMS shows up when she opens the app, but no notifications. Her ring tone works when a call comes through and we hear the sound when selecting a tone in settings. Any clues will be gratefully received. Thanks.
46 REPLIES 46
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Rachel77

This post it's quite old and about the Xperia S

Rachel77
Visitor

Well I can't seem to find anything that will help which is more recent and I'm having the same problem. I guess I was just hoping that someone may come up with a solution. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Rachel77

Describe your issues as much as possible. 

Rachel77
Visitor

The notification tone I set for text messages is now being used by emails, I get no tone or notification for text messages at all and have to check in messages to see if someone has sent me a text. Also my battery is running down much faster. And all since the last software update. 

I have tried every solution suggested in this thread but have had no luck. 

Sonyking1
Visitor

I had the same problem u go in setting all apps scroll down too ur message app you will see show notifactions in a little square box select it amd it will work amd that's y even if u did it in the message settings 

melovestage
Visitor

Do you remember what is the build number that you update to? I updated mine this morning, and I'm facing issues with notification sounds and music while my earpiece is plugged in. I hear no sounds when I receive a notification, and when I plug mmy earpiece in, music just wont play. 

GeorgeB101
Visitor

Hello I have the same problem no sounds on message facebook etc tec the only one does seam to work is a nest account ? i have tried to find the clear all data but can not the way you surgest ? please help as i need to know went text messages are getting to me straight away thanks in advance 

GeorgeB101
Visitor

oow also treid safe mode and that doesn't work either ?

Radha13
Visitor

No notification sound or vibration on my phone for the past 8months. Tried suggestions from forum, no success with phone. No help from Singtel nor Sony, I have mobility problems and I cannot be going to Sony Centre where staff are slow in processing any problems. I will not be getting another Sony phone or recommend one to family or friends. 

timrandall
Visitor

I had the same problem with my XPERIA C4 - SMS messages arrived at phone and were shown on the screen but there was no sound notification despite all the settings showing that there should be. I had no way to select All Apps as in previous suggestions, however this worked for me - 

Settings - Apps - tap the '3 dots' menu - Reset App preferences - Restart the phone.